Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

About to break down...

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM
  • 7 Replies
Okay, so Im new to this cafe mom thing. But I made one so that I can have other moms to talk to.
I recently started my first relationship since my daughters father left the picture, of course he still saw her up until he started drugs, but anyways, we still keep in contact since I moved to Brandon MB, 2 hours away from my hometown, Winnipeg MB. I moved so I could start a new life with my girlfriend Johanna. But shes an alcoholic and she might be moving back to her hometown to help her mom and get sober. So I'm going to be alone here with no friends and no support. How do I deal with that? I cant just go back to winnipeg cuz then ill be proving everyone there right, that I couldnt make it here with no support.
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
happysnappy
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

you could start by choosing someone who's not an addict.

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Hi. Welcome.

Are you able to financially stay in Brandon on your own? If you can sustain your lifestyle, then you should tough it out if it means a better life for you and your daughter.

If you cannot sustain a life for you and your child, then I dont think there is anything wrong with moving back to your hometown, especially if you have family support there.

You should do what is in the best interest of your child, not your pride.

I understand it can be lonely in a town with no friends or family, but that can easily be remedied by meeting people at places like the park, play groups, church, community centers etc...you just have to extend yourself and be open to meeting new people.

Good luck.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

RADmomma
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Can u afford to stay in ur own?
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
53 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I agree with this hon ;)

Quoting Reina13:

Hi. Welcome.

Are you able to financially stay in Brandon on your own? If you can sustain your lifestyle, then you should tough it out if it means a better life for you and your daughter.

If you cannot sustain a life for you and your child, then I dont think there is anything wrong with moving back to your hometown, especially if you have family support there.

You should do what is in the best interest of your child, not your pride.

I understand it can be lonely in a town with no friends or family, but that can easily be remedied by meeting people at places like the park, play groups, church, community centers etc...you just have to extend yourself and be open to meeting new people.

Good luck.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM
You can do this! You need to just get started. Look for work. You can always move up from any job. But getting a job is most important. Start going to places like libraries, volunteer, meet the locals. Tell them your new and looking for a job and a place to live. You will do this!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM

i think you need to do what's best for you & you lo NOT what you wish to prove for others to judge or not. if you cannot make it on your own w/o support then it would be better to  move back & get the support you need regardless of what anyone thinks of you.  let  them think  you coulsnt make it on your own..   the only thing worse than that is you  having them assume you can..  & then  you  truly aren't.. put your prode aside hun & do whats best. 

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Welcome and do what you need to do for you and your child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN