Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

People make me want to slap them!!

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 52 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, my son who is 18 months old has a mild form of cerebral palsy and low muscle tone. He Dosent walk yet but he stands tries to walk but can't yet.. My husband, myself and my 4 yr old son took them to play at the mall play place..  Some women tells me and my dh that my youngest son can't play their because he's retarded because he's not walking yet and this play place is for normal children and dh, myself and our kids just walked away. I wanted to slap her!! What makes someone think they have the right to say that to someone elsE? What would u have done?

l

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:20 PM

BUMP!

happysnappy
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have told her to shut her mouth and mind her own business very loudly and to keep her thoughts to herself about special needs children!!!

(that would have gotten her a lot of dirty looks)

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM

BUMP!

BeeneyBabyMom
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have told her soooooooooo much and I have to say I may have went to the deep end and beat the crap out of her. She had no right what so ever to have said anything that hurtfull about your beautiful baby boy. That witch needs a reality check!!!

frillyflower
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Knocked her rude ass out!
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Yes, me and dh are very good at keeping calm.. But we are still surprised we didn't say anything..

hggmommy87
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I think knowing the type of person I am I would have hauled off and slapped her...I am so sorry you had to go through that

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:44 PM

BUMP!

sharonsolo
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Keep your head up! I see that your son is still young and you're new to this. I promise you it gets easier. Not that people will behave any better you just will be able to handle them. My DD is special needs and nine years old. We use to hate to take her to the park so we would go early to avoid other parents who used to act like being differently ables was contagious.
Someone actually told one of my older daughters that they DONT have to empathize cause "retard" doesn't run in "their" family. My teen went off on that ignorant person.
I always tell people my daughter is mentally disabled but your just ignorant
blueeve
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Slapping someone is no cure for their ignorance.  It is too bad that some people lack manners and brains in cerrtain situations.  I think you did the right thing.  Always take the high road.  J

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)