Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mobile Photo

So I was wearing my frohawk yesterday at the fair and I got the most strangest looks ever. I rocked my frohawk I understand some people wouldn't wear it but don't look at me like I have crap all over me lol.
Here is how I wore it.
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I personally wouldnt but try not to give people weird looks for it.  A little girl i once knew had her hair braided up the side into a faux hawk with the loose ends flowing down in that shape.  I thought that looked cool.

letstalk747
by Joy on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:03 PM

its ok

shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:04 PM

No, but that's because it would look really stupid on me.

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

If I had the hair for it, I totally would rock it! It's awesome!

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I use regular bobby pins.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Thank you! What type of bobby pins do you use?

Quoting godsgirl26:

I like your hair. I just pull my hair up and bobby pin where it need to be bobby pinned. Your hair would work.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Maybe my hair is too short? I can pull it up into the style, I just have problems with the bobby pins. You can kind of see the length in the pic.
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
When I style my hair I don't go for looks of others but about how I look and how I like the way it looks on me. I love trying different styles on my hair. I've been natural for a while now I'm loving my curly hair and all the hairstyle I can do. I use to relax my hair and it would be bone straight but I couldn't stand all the chemicals that was in my hair. I'm glad I decided to go natural.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I personally wouldnt but try not to give people weird looks for it.  A little girl i once knew had her hair braided up the side into a faux hawk with the loose ends flowing down in that shape.  I thought that looked cool.

ConcernedCousin
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM

i'm mixed so my hair is thinner than that but if i had the right texture I would wear it. I think not everyone can wear that style, but on the right person it is beautiful

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:26 PM
So funny you said that. I've heard people call it faux hawk also lol. I don't know the correct name of it but I love the hairstyle.

Quoting fatcat0908:

I thought it was called a faux hawk...lol
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM
My youngest daughter is mixed and want her hair like this also but I can't do it because her hair isnt kinky enough lol.

Quoting ConcernedCousin:

i'm mixed so my hair is thinner than that but if i had the right texture I would wear it. I think not everyone can wear that style, but on the right person it is beautiful

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Mobile Photo

Shaunal normal bobby pins like this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN