Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

if i ask do they have to do it?

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 7 Replies
Im 33 wks And 4 days pregnant as of tommarrow and i have a baby doc appt. here lately ive been feeling alot of pressure and it feels like baby is trying to move furthur down and i have been having bad braxton hicks. i would like for them to check to make sure im not starting to dilate. i know they typically dont start until 36 wks but with my last pregnancy at 36 wks i was 3cm and 80%
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momofthree1987
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalalamama
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Yes, by all means ask. Your baby could have dropped and that would explain things.
momofthree1987
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Can't hurt to ask.  Especially if you feel pressure, it is better to know what is going on than to guess.

mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Can't hurt to ask, but I'm not sure if they would check.  With my first I didn't feel any contractions and wasn't dilated at all at my 36 week appointment.  My water broke the next morning and she was born the day after my appointment!  With my second, I had contractions from the second trimester on and he was LOW (so low that they had to use the u/s wand to measure his head at my big u/s appointment).  He was born at 38 weeks.  Unless I had a certain amount of big contractions an hour, I was just told to rest on my side and drink plenty of water.  Try not to worry!

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM

my mw did not like to check but  in  your case id ask.. idk if they HAVE to do it but id give a firm request

happysnappy
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:03 PM

nobody knows your body better than you do.  by all means :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)