Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

i just dont understand...

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 7 Replies
I just really don't understand what is wrong with our society now days. If children had problems when I was younger they were always included in what games we we playing or whatever and we acted like they were just one of us. The kids nowdays that have never interacted or been around others with special needs are going to be the "Dumb Ones" when they get older or do have to interact with S.N. people. All u can say is WOW!!!
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CarlyEliz
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:49 PM
When I was little The church I went to had a family with a downs syndrome girl 2 or 3 years older than me. I remember trying be her friend and she tried to hurt me everytime we were around each including trying to throw me off her full sized trampoline! I was about 4 if I had to guess. She was pure evil and I truly believed she was jealous and wanted me dead back then. Now I know they are all different but they are not "special" they are mentally retarded
Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Im not sure where you are located, but the schools where I live have integrated classes for children with special needs. Special needs children here are in regular classrooms but will be taken out of class certain times of the day for more one on one instruction time. It is wonderful for everyone because typical children and special needs children interact together, so even though there are obvious differences the children all still play and work together.

Is the situation you described something that has happened with your own child? Do you have a special needs child?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I know what you mean.  That's one reason why I always make sure my kids spend time around my uncle, in a wheel chair with multiple health issues and with other kids who have disabilities.  My youngest is also on the autism spectrum so they've really learned how to treat people who are different from them and have a lot of empathy.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Where I live all kids go to school & ar eintergrated with others with special needs,
They learn to see everyone & be friends with all :)

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:58 AM
We always included everyone. And I think society as a whole does now too, but you will always have your "dumb ones". So sorry if this has hurt you personally.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM

not here. they intergrate the kids.. my son  has some needs & he is put in a calss with some kids that have needs & some that don't. the kids dont know who has needs & who doesnt. some kids need MORE help or cant follow the typical class setting so  yes, they might have their own class with others that cannot as well.. it depends on how much  they are  needing. honestly my son feels more isolated i find WITH children who do not have any special needs. he is already comparing himself to them & noticing who can write their names & who can't. sometimes it can be best for him to be with tohers like him so he doenst feel so behind. other times he enjoys being with them & playing when he can. i woudlnt say they NEVER have been aorund other kids.. around here its just not true.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I have kids with special needs and we teach them to love everyone. Even special needs kids need to learn how to treat others with respect
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)