Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

5 Things No Woman Should EVER Do in Front of Her Husband

Posted by   + Show Post

by Sasha Brown-Worsham

pooping in front of husbandOne of the best things about marriage is the comfort level you get to with a person who knows you both inside and out. After 10 years of marriage, I can officially say that I have done most things in front of my husband, including shower, pee, have babies, laugh until soda came out of my nose, and sleep. But there are still a few things I will never do in front of him.

It's not that we aren't intimate. We are. Deeply. But I am someone who believes strongly in the power of distance. It makes the heart grow fonder, after all. Some things are just meant to stay private. Forever.

Like pooping, for instance. There is a discussion right now on CafeMom about this, and some are in favor of pooping in front of their love, while others aren't. For me, this is a massive no-no. Here are five things I would simply never do in front of my spouse:

1.) Poop: Sorry, ladies. I know some of you disagree with me and think the family who poops together stays together, but no. Not me. Not ever. After 12 years with the same man, I can officially say I still don't even TALK about poop with him. I don't want to hear about his and I don't want him to ask him about mine. Better to keep it all private and pretend it doesn't happen. Some mystery isn't a bad thing.

2.) Pop a zit: This is just a gross thing and something no one needs to see. I don't want to see him do it and I sure as hell don't want him to see me do it. If the bathroom door is locked, you can wait outside, honey!

3.) Pick your nose: I dry heave at the thought. We all know it has to happen sometimes. But just keep that stuff to yourself. No one's fingers belong in anyone's noses. The end.

4.) Remove hair: This means everything. I don't shave, wax, tweeze, or anything else in front of my man. It's just how I roll.

5.) Cut your toenails: I don't know why, but this really skeeves me out. I don't want to see him doing it and I will get my pedicures at the salon FAR from his prying eyes.

Do you do these things in front of your man?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Replies (41-50):
momeza0409
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:52 AM

My husband and I have been together for a total of  25 years.  I am so totally with you on the first 3--not now not ever.  The last 2 don't bother me as much.  The one that I have to add for me is changing my tampon.  He has seen me give birth to his child but there is just something about the personal hygeine around that "time of the month" that I think should just be left to do in private,  Oh and about your #1 don't--I try to avoid that if at all possible while we're even at home together--I wait til he leaves for work or goes outside to work in the yard or to the garage.  I can't even stand toilet paper commercials and I think the whole ad campaign that Charmin has going with the bear family needs to be taken off of TV.

berlgirl1224
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Quoting armyvet06:

I wont poop in front of him. But that's about it.

bonitalilmama
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Quoting Cafe Robin:

by Sasha Brown-Worsham

pooping in front of husbandOne of the best things about marriage is the comfort level you get to with a person who knows you both inside and out. After 10 years of marriage, I can officially say that I have done most things in front of my husband, including shower, pee, have babies, laugh until soda came out of my nose, and sleep. But there are still a few things I will never do in front of him.

It's not that we aren't intimate. We are. Deeply. But I am someone who believes strongly in the power of distance. It makes the heart grow fonder, after all. Some things are just meant to stay private. Forever.

Like pooping, for instance. There is a discussion right now on CafeMom about this, and some are in favor of pooping in front of their love, while others aren't. For me, this is a massive no-no. Here are five things I would simply never do in front of my spouse:

1.) Poop: Sorry, ladies. I know some of you disagree with me and think the family who poops together stays together, but no. Not me. Not ever. After 12 years with the same man, I can officially say I still don't even TALK about poop with him. I don't want to hear about his and I don't want him to ask him about mine. Better to keep it all private and pretend it doesn't happen. Some mystery isn't a bad thing.

2.) Pop a zit: This is just a gross thing and something no one needs to see. I don't want to see him do it and I sure as hell don't want him to see me do it. If the bathroom door is locked, you can wait outside, honey!

3.) Pick your nose: I dry heave at the thought. We all know it has to happen sometimes. But just keep that stuff to yourself. No one's fingers belong in anyone's noses. The end.

4.) Remove hair: This means everything. I don't shave, wax, tweeze, or anything else in front of my man. It's just how I roll.

5.) Cut your toenails: I don't know why, but this really skeeves me out. I don't want to see him doing it and I will get my pedicures at the salon FAR from his prying eyes.

Do you do these things in front of your man?

I'm not married yet but I would never poop in front of anyone! I dont even fart in front of him. If i have a pimple that is white i will squeeze it and wash my face  and I have saw him do it as well and even once did one another lol, we both use tissues to get boogers, my SO has shaven me down there and volunteered, I do my nails weekly and most times he is at work so he doesn't see me but if he happens to be off than he will see me do it and doesnt mind and I occasional do his toe nails as well.

momeza0409
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:59 AM

See you get it.  I'm in the medical field to and he's a construction worker--Between us we've seen it all and heard it all.  I would gladly take care of him if something (God forbid) were to happen to him and I will take care of him when we are old and gray but for right now some things just need to be left to the privacy of your own bathroom...or whatever.

Basherte
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Quoting goldilocksbecky:

Totally disagree.  This is the person I agreed to love "for better or worse".  The person I plan to grow old with.  The person who was on the business end when our child was born.  The person who has cared for me (and I for him) after surgeries as well as during stomach virus, flu, etc.  The person I'm counting on to feed me and change my Depends if I wind up paralized or incapable of caring for myself.  The person I'd care for in that same situation.  So not only do we do those things in front of each other, but we've helped each other do them when necessary and would do the same again without hesitation.  It's called love.  It's what you do.  It's worked for us for over 20 years of marriage.

I agree here.

CafeMom Tickers
momto3boys85
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Ditto, he helped me create our children, who gives a crap if he sees me do any of those above mentioned things, were both mature enough to handle it. (not saying that anyone that doesn't do these thing in front of their SO isn't, but I;ve been married to my husband for 7 yrs) and for better or worse, I take him as my husband, so yeah none of it phases me. its all natural behaviors.

Quoting BoxxyBabee:

Done them all. Whooptie doo

momto3boys85
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:41 AM

very well said!

Quoting goldilocksbecky:

Totally disagree.  This is the person I agreed to love "for better or worse".  The person I plan to grow old with.  The person who was on the business end when our child was born.  The person who has cared for me (and I for him) after surgeries as well as during stomach virus, flu, etc.  The person I'm counting on to feed me and change my Depends if I wind up paralized or incapable of caring for myself.  The person I'd care for in that same situation.  So not only do we do those things in front of each other, but we've helped each other do them when necessary and would do the same again without hesitation.  It's called love.  It's what you do.  It's worked for us for over 20 years of marriage.

adria2013
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM
This was interesting! My hubby & I have a VERY open relationship. We have shared all the moments above! It's no secret to either of us. I agree in all ways with goldilocksbecky! After 9 years of marriage & a childbirth, nothing has been off limits in our relationship. My hubby wants to be involved.....he even goes with me to get a pap! Lol.
alyssa1
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:24 AM

crazy lol im not married but been with my boyfriend for 9 years and i do it all well i dont poop with him in there but will talk about and it and fart wherever if need to. i do the other things though

sahmw2010
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Do them all. Why hide what i do from the one i am married to?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN