Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Question....if your spouse passes away and you get remarried......

Posted by   + Show Post

when you pass away....who do you get buried beside ? Your first husband/wife or your second husband/wife?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Replies (21-30):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly. I either want to be scattered or have a tree planted with my ashes.

DH and I think grave yards are a waste of space and refuse to be entombed somewhere. It just sounds so unpleasant to us.

Quoting jomami:

The problem is only solved if you have your ashes scattered somewhere or something like that.

My grandparents were both cremated but before they died, the bought a shelf at a mausoleum where their urns sit next to each other!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

DH and I don't believe in being buried. We are going to be cremated. Problem solved.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

shoot4thestars
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM

We're getting cremated. 

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:39 PM

depends on how long you were together before he/she died, being married 30 years and having kids with someone trumps i'd say. My friend's hubby was killed she had 5 kids and remarried a few years later. she created hise headstone with her name right beside it.

texassahm
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Here are some real life examples:

My parents had two plots, they divorced, my mom died and so there is one free plot there.  

My dad remarried and bought two plots, his wife died first.  My dad passed away last December and EVEN THOUGH he was remarried to his 3rd wife, his wishes were to be buried next to my first stepmom.

My husband wants to be donated to the body farm for scientific use, then creamated.  If, for some reason I want to bury him, I have two options - there is a plot next to his sister, who was a stillborn.  Or the plot next to my mom.  DH's parents bought two plots, but his father abandoned the family and his mom remarried, so the plot next to his sister is there for anyone who needs it.  That plot will probably will be used for my MIL, though - because HER current husband wants to be buried next to his first wife.

MommyBee12808
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I'm being cremated and it's up to whoever survives me. They can throw me in the garbage for all I care.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM
This.

Quoting RADmomma:

I wouldn't get remarried.
bowribbonmama
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM
My first husband. He was my first love and we have our children together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cguffey
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:19 PM

You could always do what my husbands step mom did. She was married and they had a stillborn daughter so they bought plots next to her. When her 1st husband died he was buried next to his daughter and the plot was still there for the stepmom. She married my FIL and he passed away. She bought the plot on the other side of her for him. So she will be between them. Not so sure what she will do if she ever remarries and he passes away. Unless she decides to put this one above or below her.

tapies2324
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I'm doing the cremation thing but if i was to get buried it would be next to whomever I was most in love with.
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe I will be together with dh for all eternity.  I won't be looking for another man when he passes.  When I die. I will be reunited with him in heaven.  

Quoting jomami:

What if he dies early and you meet someone special?

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

I won't ever be in that position.  I won't remarry when dh passes.  So I will be buried next to him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)