Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Question....if your spouse passes away and you get remarried......

Posted by   + Show Post

when you pass away....who do you get buried beside ? Your first husband/wife or your second husband/wife?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:43 PM

my husband wants to me cremated and scattered all over the world so...

SP_Mama
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I don't think I'd remarry, but if I did, I'd still want to be buried next to DH (my first husband).

Blestmomof3
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:50 PM

1st husband... the one I had kids with.   I'm 42 so I doubt there would be kids with a hypothetical future spouse.

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I don't know, if I could even remarry and if then I most likely would be burried with my 1st love who took me the way I am, who's the papa of my kids.

Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I'm donating my body.
Imjustinsmommy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:15 AM

hard to say for me, im loving my dh & cant imagine remarrying. i doubt i ever would if we ever  ended up divorced..  the  asswer for most i assume it the one you want to be with.. it doesnt matter id assume the one you'd feel more for..?

right now it doenst apply for me bc im 40 &  with dh 14 1/2 yrs &  dont plan to leave anytime &  neither of us  feel we'd remarry even if one passes at this point.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Quoting RADmomma:

I wouldn't get remarried.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I don't think I could remarry if I lost my husband, I could never love another man as I love him.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:03 AM
It doesn't really make much sense, lol...we preserve a body, put it in a fancy box, then encase it in cement, put it in the ground and...it sits. And sometimes people visit that spot.

I'm the same way. I want my family to dig a hole, throw my ashes in, then plant a tree so that my ashes help fertilize it. If they want, they could put a nice rock with a sign for a "tombstone", but that would be up to them.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Exactly. I either want to be scattered or have a tree planted with my ashes.

DH and I think grave yards are a waste of space and refuse to be entombed somewhere. It just sounds so unpleasant to us.

Quoting jomami:

The problem is only solved if you have your ashes scattered somewhere or something like that.

My grandparents were both cremated but before they died, the bought a shelf at a mausoleum where their urns sit next to each other!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

DH and I don't believe in being buried. We are going to be cremated. Problem solved.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM
My great-grandma was married twice. Outlived both my great-grandpa (George) and Grandpa Harold...she's buried next to George, her first husband and first love. Harold was buried next to his first wife, I believe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN