Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should I say something

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:48 AM
  • 5 Replies
Ok so my 7 year old DD is friends w/ a group of girls,the girls been really close all school year,& is parents all take turns on taking them on outtings,for example"some of the parents like myself have different work schedules so if it's a Friday night and the girl are having one of their sleep overs if I work late and can't have it at my house I'll buy the snacks,or if we go on a outting to the beach I'll take the girls,and one of the moms who don't go will make the snacks,little stuff like that, we never wanna put to much on one parent and we all do our best to help eachother out... Well recently they've been excluding my DD, last weekend I got on Facebook and I saw one of the moms post pictures of her and the girls at hurricane harbor and they didnt tell me or my DD anything about it,and yesterday One of the girls decided to have a spa party which my dd wasn't invited ,also all the girls goto a library reading group during the week and I usually take one of the girls in the morning because her mom works graveyard so by the time she gets home she's exhausted,so this morning she gets in the car and tells my DD all about their fun weekend,then my DD tells me at the reading group today she invited them all over to go swimming in our pool Tuesday and one of the girls (K) said uh no thanks my mom is taking us to the beach,well tonight her mom sends me a text saying " I'm not taking the girls to the beach tomorrow anymore so can they come over and swim in your pool" ... It may sound petty but I'm really annoyed! My DD wants to be friends with them so bad but I just feel like they're using us, everytime they've called this week was for a ride,or to swim in our pool, they haven't been inviting her anywhere recently, should I stop my dd from playing with them even tho she really wants to or should I say something to the moms?
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Momofmenagerie
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd say that to the parents that you've noticed an extreme change in pattern between invitations and your daughter and that you were curious if something between the other girls and your dd. if you get a bunch of ins, err, that is to say.... Or a "thinking silence" you will know.
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:42 AM
I agree with the pervious mom. Ask the parents what's up and see what comes of it.
happysnappy
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM

yes.  what this momma said.

<3

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

I'd say that to the parents that you've noticed an extreme change in pattern between invitations and your daughter and that you were curious if something between the other girls and your dd. if you get a bunch of ins, err, that is to say.... Or a "thinking silence" you will know.

John 3:16 
RADmomma
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I agree with the others.
RADmomma
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I agree with the others.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)