Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What to do with the rings(divorced)?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 84 Replies
So came across my old wedding set and promise ring from my ex husband. Any idea what one could do with them?? I don't like the idea of keeping them for the boys because to me it was a tainted marriage, and don't want to bring bad luck to them and their future. Know what I mean?!?
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sharonsolo
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Facing same thing. About to start divorce soon and trying to figure out rings, wedding pics, scrapbooks, etc. Can you sell them?
KawaiiPika
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I burned all the pics or threw them away. As for the rings I sold them to the jeweler and got a nice lump sum. Diamonds and all.

I would look into that.
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM
7 moms liked this
My rings were just silver and virtually worthless. I pitched them in an alligator infested lake.
Mommyto2LilMen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM
It's been almost 5 years since the divorce and I am actually engaged now. Was thinking of selling them, but didn't know where the best place to do that was.
MommyToBe0001
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:08 PM
3 moms liked this
PAWN THEM ! THEN GO BUY SOMETHING SEXY FOR YOUR MAN SO HE KNOWS THAT U HAVE NO FEELINGS TOWARDS THE RING OR UR EX MAN . . JS LOL
proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I pawned mine
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Call some of your local independent jewelers and ask if they would be interested in buying them. Diamonds usually keep a decent value.
Don't go to a pawn shop bc they won't give you a good price.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

It's been almost 5 years since the divorce and I am actually engaged now. Was thinking of selling them, but didn't know where the best place to do that was.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflymommy2
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I sold my wedding ring and engagement rings.. and bought stuff for the kids with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:30 AM

sell them but not sure where. Do you know what their value is now?  I have a set that was given to me from a relationship that went bad.  The girl did not want them.   I need mine appraised first before selling or pawning.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Not sure of their value. No idea where to get them appraised even.

Quoting frndlyfn:

sell them but not sure where. Do you know what their value is now?  I have a set that was given to me from a relationship that went bad.  The girl did not want them.   I need mine appraised first before selling or pawning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN