Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What to do with the rings(divorced)?

So came across my old wedding set and promise ring from my ex husband. Any idea what one could do with them?? I don't like the idea of keeping them for the boys because to me it was a tainted marriage, and don't want to bring bad luck to them and their future. Know what I mean?!?
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
alexis_06
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:17 AM

i would sell them too!  :)  then buy yourself something nice

rjmac88
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I pawned mine. Paid $450 for it when we got it... For over $200 for it at a pawn shop. Not terrible!
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:30 AM
Sounds like it was a pretty amicable split. ;-)

Quoting quickbooksworm:

My rings were just silver and virtually worthless. I pitched them in an alligator infested lake.

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:34 AM

I was divorced in 2008.  We have one daughter together. Her birthstone is diamond so I am holding on to my wedding and engagement rings andi plan to have them both melted Down Into a nugget type  pendant with the diamond put in the center as a necklace to give her when she is either 13 or 16 (haven't decided yet ) but it will be hers !  I am now happily remarked and my husband thinks it is a great idea

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:54 AM
I kept it for my dd. he was a douche but he's still her dad and I loved him a lot at the time.
LADYxGHOST
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 5:01 AM

I went to Macy's and got a huge locket and put them in it.  The rings for me. They remind me of the good times and remind me to share those moments with my children rather then the bad.

themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:55 AM
My wedding ring from my second marriage got buried in the backyard by one of my kids.
marieKilbane
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I still have old ring and no I wouldn't pass out to my son's future.. I don't know, maybe sell it in one day like yard sale

Mabuka
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Pawn them/sell them or give them to a young girl in the family. My mom wears hers on her other hand since getting divorced...but, she's insane.
mommyinthe303
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:25 AM
I sold mine
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN