Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What to do with the rings(divorced)?

So came across my old wedding set and promise ring from my ex husband. Any idea what one could do with them?? I don't like the idea of keeping them for the boys because to me it was a tainted marriage, and don't want to bring bad luck to them and their future. Know what I mean?!?
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
dingysfamily
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM

The rings didn't have anything to do with the marriage going bad!  Why would they bring bad luck to your boys?  I kept mine from my first marriage for my son to pass on to his kids.

Tammywhynot
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Ok, so the marriage didnt work, but it wasnt all bad u got 2 boys out of it. Id keep them for them and show them that they came from love. The boys could decide if they want to keep them when they are old enough.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

So came across my old wedding set and promise ring from my ex husband. Any idea what one could do with them?? I don't like the idea of keeping them for the boys because to me it was a tainted marriage, and don't want to bring bad luck to them and their future. Know what I mean?!?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I kept my engagement ring for our daughter. I think it is an inportant of my history with my kids dad so I kept it for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RADmomma
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:54 PM
A jeweler will appraise them & purchase them
momma4vr
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM

i had to sell my rings (they were just pink saphires) to get my dd diapers and wipes at the time.

bugsmommy134
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I pawned mine, bought something for my kids said it was teir dad who gave it to them. Least they thought their dad gave a shit about them at the time
lace-n-heels
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I pawned mine

KellBell0820
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Sell them. I gave my ex back my wedding ring. It had been his grandmother's (from a divorce). I would think about selling it then forget. When his grandmother died last year he asked for it back.
Arwyn724
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Well, after 20 years, I still wear my engagement ring, because it is beautiful and I like it to keep away the riff raff.  Also, it will go to my daughter, who's dad gave it to me, but she is in no hurry for it,.  She has her own wedding set, but she knows it's her ring, eventually.

Arwyn 724 

okiemamaCyndi
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM

This for sure! 

Quoting Tammywhynot:

Ok, so the marriage didnt work, but it wasnt all bad u got 2 boys out of it. Id keep them for them and show them that they came from love. The boys could decide if they want to keep them when they are old enough.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)