Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

abortion

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this
I know this is a very sensitive topic for most. I know it is for me. I'd appreciate it if everyone is respectful. Ineed to hear stories from mothers who have been through an abortion and mothers who decided to against abortion and why you chose to do so. Feel free to message me your thoughts or stories if you do not wish to be public.
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Welcome!

I have not had an abortion, though it was an option with my first (I was a teen mom), I chose to keep my son instead.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure what you're looking for but I think it's an intensely personal decision that each individual must make for herself. What some perceive as pros or cons may be the opposite to someone else.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Cubanmom84
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I have had an abortion, not one, but two, I was 15 the first time then 17 the second time, i swore there wouldn't be a third. Now, I can look at myself in the mirror every day, and I have no problem with my decision, it was my choice, cause my mother gave me a choice, and I made it, and I haven't looked back. I don't regret it, and it hasn't scarred me for life either. I wasn't all that advance in the pregnancy, both of them was maybe 4 weeks in. Judge me all you like, call me a killer or whatever, but I made the correct choice for me at the time.

shyanntech
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:47 PM

i had one but it was not my choice for me.. i was told. 16 years old. a mo shy of my 17th birthday. when i told my mom and dad they told me that was what was going to happen. so talk about what i could do or anything. In 1996 i did not know programs to help me at the time. like i do know now. you can see they where not sporting me at all. allimy friends left so i no longer have friend sport. the father was long gone. so i had to deal with it all on my own. other then been driving there and all that. scared and no where to turn for help. not a good place to be..also i waited until i was 24 weeks the cut off was 25 weeks where i went.. yes i have to live with it everday of my life.. do i regret it yes.. since it was a choice i did not make.. 

CarlyEliz
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM
yall might not like what im gonna post but if OP is considering it there are a few things you should see
CarlyEliz
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

CarlyEliz
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

PookiePanda
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM

When I first got pregnant with the child I am currently carrying my husband would not stop pressure me until the point we seperated. It is not something I am against for other people but when it comes to my body no one gets any say but me. I will say on that same note that if we came to find out something was wrong with our baby,it would be on the table as an option I would consider.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:12 PM
If it werent for my mom, i probably would have aborted my baby girl as soon as i found out i was preg. I was 18, my job only covered gas and food and i was looking to start college. I couldnt really afford to take care of myself, let alone another human. But my mom took me in and helped me financially. And here she is 9trs later. I am so glad i kept her. She is my world
massconfusion14
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this
When I got pregnant the father tried to pressure me and I seriously considered it because I knew there was no way I could afford a baby and I thought my father would be pissed. I went the evening I took the test to tell him and ask him what I should do. I showed up at his house on a work night which is odd for me and I asked him to sit down...... His first reaction was "you know its not April fools, right" - it was April 12. His second reaction was that there is no way I was getting an abortion because I was told I couldnt have kids and he knew I would regret it.... I later found out that when I told him to sit down, I had something to tell him, he was more worried that I had lost my job LOL! I'm not sure what you are going through, but I know for myself, I could never do it... Especially with the joy that dd has brought me even though I'm a single mom and its hard as hell, its 100% worth it when I tell her to give me a kiss and this 18 month old baby puckers up and gets in my face until I make a smacking sound!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)