Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Moving day

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi girls, I live in england, uk....i know depressing isnt it. Well anyway my hubby is a long dist truck driver and we have appied for a perm job in alberta canada. As u can imsgine its exciting but scary as hell, we live in a city where we both grew up our family lives here and we had our kids here. Is anyone from alberta? Any advice for moving half way across the world....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Boreal advice. Just wanted to say good luck! Moving sucks especially moving far away! Our farthest move has been from California to Texas.
Super_Mom_Luvs2
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Hi, Moving sucks but sometimes you gotta do What best for you children. Specially if dad is main person supporting family. Good Luck with you Move! XOXO
Tammywhynot
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Thanks for the well wishes and hopefully soon be packing up and off to a better life......lets hope our dreams do come true, xxx
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I'm sorry but we've never moved across the ocean like that but we have packed up and moved several times from one state to another and only recently moved back to where our parents lived.

I'm sure it will be fun and exciting. You'll be able to skype with your family so that will be exciting!

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I've never had to move that far, but I'd say take things as they come, make lots of lists, and find out everything you can about the area you're planning to move to before you move there. Local realtors should be able to give you information, but you'd probably have to Google to find some.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN