Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Did you baby cry at birth

Options:

Yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

At birth?

My last son never did, he was born at home and went straight to the breast after being suctioned. Not one peep. 

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
Rosebud27aj
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Both of my boys cried.

lunar_lotus
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I had a c-section.  My daughter was held up so I could see her, eyes wide & her tongue hanging out, with her mouth working like she was trying to suckle.  They then took her to clean her up as the doctor explained that since she was a little early, her lungs may be underdeveloped.  Then, I hear the most angry, indignant tiny-person yell/cry coming from the table where they were cleaning her up.  The doctor looked up from stitiching me up and remarked that there was nothing wrong with her lungs!

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:04 PM

No,she didn't.I don't think we heard her cry until several days later and even then it was a soft cry!

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:14 AM

all 3 of mine so far have been mad so yeah they cried...  though not for to long.

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Nope.

She didn't cry until she was swaddled. She hated being swaddled.
IAMmomtotrips
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Need a not sure option...when baby a came out she did not cry...went straight to the vent...after that, they put me under and I have no memory of baby b or c...so no clue on them.
Sassy762
by Emerald Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:26 AM

A few did and a few didn't

The few that didnt....I panicked and had the nurses slap their feet so I could hear them cry, lol

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:30 AM

I don't think my first did. She was put straight to my chest but I don't remember for sure if she cried or not. I was SUPER tired. Lol! My second didn't. My husband was on the phone with the 9-1-1 dispatcher and she was frantically telling him she needed to hear the baby cry so she knew everything was okay. Finally after about 2 minutes of trying she made a little squeak and went back to sleep. My third cried. :-)

CrystalDawn2506
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:04 AM

My DD was quite but very alert. She never cried until they stuck her heel.

partingwhisp853
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:08 AM

my son was more like angry yelling than crying. but once the boob was there, silence reigned

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)