Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: Did you baby cry at birth

Options:

Yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

At birth?

My last son never did, he was born at home and went straight to the breast after being suctioned. Not one peep. 

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
AussieArcana
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Yes, it's healthy for them to cry, as it clears the mucus in their throat, so I was so glad when she did.

arpazia
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:06 AM
No, not really.
He kinda looked at me with this disapproving look.
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:08 AM
First one did. Second one took some time. Scared the crap out of me. She was blue. Finally she did a "waaaah, *siiiiiiiiiigh*"
happysnappy
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I voted no for my son.  Although he did a quick little squawk and then was silent again.  It actually made us nervous but the doctor said everything was good and he passed his little test. :)

huntersmama711
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:56 AM
My daughter never cried, or made any sounds at all in her short life. Her vocal cords were paralyzed, as well as the lower half of her body. My son let out quite the howl when he was born which had me in tears of joy. They were thinking he was going to be born with breathing problems and possibly have to be intubated right away. Luckily it wasn't needed and for the most part he's a healthy little boy
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I don't remember the first two crying. My youngest wasn't because he was born not breathing. They had to aggravate him to get him to breathe and they took him away for a while after that. Didn't get to hold him at all for a little while. An hour or two.
thatgirlNH
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

He was distressed and taken immediately away. Never heard a peep.

CoastieWifey83
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM
I think so. I had an emergency csection with ds and was sky high lol and dd a csection but I'm pretty sure she did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyBee12808
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Not a peep. I didn't even know she was born till the doctor handed her to me because I was still high as a kite on Demerol.
armywifey26
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:46 AM

My first didn't. She was a pretty quiet baby. She rarely whined or cried at all. Ever. 

My second screamed so shrilly for hours that the doctor and nurses nicknamed her "The wailer". She has such a high pitched scream that it would make your ears ring. But I wasn't allowed to hold her. That was why she cried for so long. She was taken from me then had to lay all by herself on the warmer for an hour. It broke my heart. 

My third child didn't cry much either. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)