Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

are baby aspirin 81 mg safe during pregnancy?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:01 PM
  • 5 Replies
I went to my dr's 1st appt today and I am 5w6d she said everything is fine and the size of my sac, but we weren't able to see anything but the dr said it's too soon. and she said she was going to put me in baby aspirin 81 mg because I have already had 4 misscariages. The dr told me that they arent harmful and that they can help me, I should only drink one each day. Has anyone ever been put on these before?? And are they trully safe??
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommytogirl
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM
no jst tylonal... aspirin can be harmful to the baby and in. some cases make u miscarriage...
ShadowLark
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM

One baby aspirin a day is NOT harmful (under supervision, of course).  My doctor put me on one a day from 28 weeks to delivery with my third.  (I had an unexplained partial placental abruption with my oldest.)  She was born at 40 weeks 4 days and was 8 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long.  PERFECTLY healthy!

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Asprin is a blood thinner and if you previous miscarriages were due to clotting in your womb it is a fairly common treatment. My cousin took them for 2 of her pregnancies and resulted in 2 healthy kids
verito4422
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Yes she told me it supposely wasent harmful because its baby aspirin I dont know what to do
ShadowLark
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Take it and go for a second opinion.  It won't hurt a thing in the first trimester anyway.  That gives you time to plan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN