Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would You Let Your Toddlers Leave the Country Without You?

I have two girls ages 5 & 2. They have great great grandparents in Puerto Rico that they've never met. My in-laws are going at the end of the month and wanted to bring the girls. My first reaction was no way. I want to be there with them. What if something happens? But then, I think, this could be the only time they get to meet that part of the family. My husband and I planned on going next year but nothing is set in stone because of his job. Am I crazy to actually be considering this?! It's a week long vacation, btw. What are your thoughts?
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I say yes. U trust the grandparents, and like u said, once in a lifetime trip (even if they will forget it later) give grandparents a camera to take lots of pics
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Trust them completely! They helped so much! We lived with them since 2007. We just moved out a couple of months ago. So the girls are really close to them. I don't have the money to go with them. And my husband is working.

Quoting Mommytoaangel:

If u trust them yea why cant u go with them
happysnappy
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:34 AM

are your in-laws reliable?  Would they take good care of your babies?  Then I'd say maybe. 

PeaceLoveAndTea
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I spent a week away from my parents when I was a little younger than your daughter. I wasn't out of country, but I was in a different state (I was in Cali, parents were in Utah). I was staying with my grandma while they got our new place out there ready. To me, it's not too big of a deal as long as she is going with people you know you can trust.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:37 AM
They're great at taking pictures. Lol never wanna miss a moment.

Quoting sahmw2010:

I say yes. U trust the grandparents, and like u said, once in a lifetime trip (even if they will forget it later) give grandparents a camera to take lots of pics
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. They helped raise them. We were teen parents and lived with them for a while.

Quoting happysnappy:

are your in-laws reliable?  Would they take good care of your babies?  Then I'd say maybe. 

cray8907
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Absolutely not! In my own personal opinion that's not a good idea, I'd never let my children even go out of state without me let alone out of the country. There's way to much that could happen I think. Good luck.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Thank you. How old were you? It's awesome that you remember that.

Quoting PeaceLoveAndTea:

I spent a week away from my parents when I was a little younger than your daughter. I wasn't out of country, but I was in a different state (I was in Cali, parents were in Utah). I was staying with my grandma while they got our new place out there ready. To me, it's not too big of a deal as long as she is going with people you know you can trust.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Thank you.

Quoting cray8907:

Absolutely not! In my own personal opinion that's not a good idea, I'd never let my children even go out of state without me let alone out of the country. There's way to much that could happen I think. Good luck.

jiffypop2207
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I have, when my ds was 2 he went to mexico for 3 months while i stayed back in the states. He went with his dad
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)