Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would You Let Your Toddlers Leave the Country Without You?

I have two girls ages 5 & 2. They have great great grandparents in Puerto Rico that they've never met. My in-laws are going at the end of the month and wanted to bring the girls. My first reaction was no way. I want to be there with them. What if something happens? But then, I think, this could be the only time they get to meet that part of the family. My husband and I planned on going next year but nothing is set in stone because of his job. Am I crazy to actually be considering this?! It's a week long vacation, btw. What are your thoughts?
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Replies (41-50):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel the same. I'll miss them but it's only a week. And they'll have so much fun I'm sure.

Quoting DACIA79:

I would let them go if I trust my in-laws then I wouldn't have a problem I would miss them of course but I'd survive.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Lol, good luck!! :)

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Meh. 

I am gonna keep working on it lol. 

And tell her, I'll have my seperate room, and just be there for breakfast, and the first meetins of the princesses and Mickey, and then I'll go off and do my own thing by the pool. 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

:( sucks. I'm sorry. Maybe they can record it? I know it's not the same but it's better than nothing.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

My mom sells those itworks products,and they have a wish board, and that is the biggest stinking picture on there!!! No lie lol. 

And I will not lie, I am jealous. 

But ugh it just annoys me that she won't let me take a grand from our income tax and come with, and let hubs handle the twinkies. It's only for five days. 

And I can't do Disney beccause of my aniexty. 

I just don't want to miss her first Mickey meeting.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I would love to be there for this first. But I don't want that to be a reason they miss out. Disney cruise sounds awesome!

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Nope. 

But my mom is insisting on take my daughter on a Disney cruise for her birthday. 

I have been there for every single first, and my mother will not let me go, all because I'll have two month old twins.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I was like that too at first. Lol

Quoting alecolby:

Haha i saw the title and i thought to myself "no fuck that" excuse the language. I wouldn't a different state i would do but not a different country.
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Thanks.

The main issue is because of having the twins. And my husband having to take care of them. 

And I won't ever hear the end of it from his mother.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Meh. 

And tell her, I'll have my seperate room, and just be there for breakfast, and the first meetins of the princesses and Mickey, and then I'll go off and do my own thing by the pool. 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

:( sucks. I'm sorry. Maybe they can record it? I know it's not the same but it's better than nothing.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

My mom sells those itworks products,and they have a wish board, and that is the biggest stinking picture on there!!! No lie lol. 

But ugh it just annoys me that she won't let me take a grand from our income tax and come with, and let hubs handle the twinkies. It's only for five days. 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I would love to be there for this first. But I don't want that to be a reason they miss out. Disney cruise sounds awesome!

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Nope. 

But my mom is insisting on take my daughter on a Disney cruise for her birthday. 

I have been there for every single first, and my mother will not let me go, all because I'll have two month old twins.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I think its great you have in-laws willing to take them. My kids aren't close to there grandparents.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Are they not his kids? He should help out so you can go! And his mom needs to stay out of it.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Thanks.

The main issue is because of having the twins. And my husband having to take care of them. 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Meh. 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Nope. 

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM

The twins are his.

He has no problem with taking care of them so I can go. 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Are they not his kids? He should help out so you can go! And his mom needs to stay out of it.

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Thanks.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Meh. 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Nope. 

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM
I'm so grateful for the bond my kids have with their grandparents. I remember being really close with my grandpa. He passed when I was 9.

Quoting DACIA79:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

I think its great you have in-laws willing to take them. My kids aren't close to there grandparents.
MamiJaAyla
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM

You.  Its pretty much always harder for us than them.  Even 1st day of school they cry for a min. and its over... we'll sob and worry all day. LOL

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

For the 2 year old, you mean harder on me or her? For her, once she sees Grandma is going she'll quickly wave me off lol! It would be nice to be alone with my husband. He's been working so much. Also, we never had a honeymoon so this seems like a win-win.

Quoting MamiJaAyla:

no not a crazy thought.  It will be hard on you to be away from them.  But I think its a beautiful idea.  For me, I'd def. let the 5 yr. old go... the 2 yr. old will be harder but... he/she will be with family.  So think of it as a mini-honeymoon for you and dh. 

hugs... b/c I KNOW how hard it can be.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM
So, go!! Just tell your mom you want to be there so you're going. Why would your husband's mom complain?

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

The twins are his.

He has no problem with taking care of them so I can go. 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Thanks.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Meh. 

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

Nope. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)