Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Times and CO's

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:11 AM
  • 110 Replies
1 mom liked this

My ex texts me and asks if he can keep our son until 9pm tomorrow I told him no that it is a little too late. He got mad at me and started swearing on texts. I told him I am going to start saving his texts and file in court. My opinion is 9 is a little late for a 6 year old. I don't even keep my son out that late. Usually I don't keep him out past 7pm.

My son is the type if he is out late he will not go to bed and he will be awake all night. I told my ex the most I could do was let him keep him until 7 and he said that isn't good enough. I am trying to really try to get along but he is making it hard. So what should I do? 

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I think you should release the controlling iron grip and let him have his son as long as he wants. It is good bonding time for them.

Never stand in the way of his sons relationship with his father.

lalalamama
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Gosh, it's the weekend, he wants MORE time with his son and not less like so many deadbeat dads... I think you should loosen up a little. I can guarantee that every family makes occasional exceptions to bedtime rules, especially over the summer and even if the kids are a little tired the next day. Don't be a stick in the mud.
AAP1988
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I don't find myself controlling at all. If he brings him back at 9 then my son will be up until 12 or 1 am in the morning and I am not willing to stay up at that time just so bd can have a long visit. Now if he wanted to keep him over night that is one thing but he doesn't want to. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I think you should release the controlling iron grip and let him have his son as long as he wants. It is good bonding time for them.

AAP1988
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM

It's not the fact of making bedtime rules acceptions if my son stays out late he will be up rocking and rolling until 12 or 1 am. If he wasn't like that it would be a lot different but I am not willing to stay up until 1am. 

Quoting lalalamama:

Gosh, it's the weekend, he wants MORE time with his son and not less like so many deadbeat dads... I think you should loosen up a little. I can guarantee that every family makes occasional exceptions to bedtime rules, especially over the summer and even if the kids are a little tired the next day. Don't be a stick in the mud.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I doubt that. He is 6 years old. You don't have to stay up with him if he is awake, put him to bed and then go to bed yourself. I think you are looking for an excuse to not let him spend more time with his son. You sound a little jealous.

Quoting AAP1988:

I don't find myself controlling at all. If he brings him back at 9 then my son will be up until 12 or 1 am in the morning and I am not willing to stay up at that time just so bd can have a long visit. Now if he wanted to keep him over night that is one thing but he doesn't want to. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Two_Hearts
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Heck my DD is 11..and i still don't feel comfortable enough to go to sleep at night if she is not asleep...to me this is a ridiculous suggestion.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I doubt that. He is 6 years old. You don't have to stay up with him if he is awake, put him to bed and then go to bed yourself. I think you are looking for an excuse to not let him spend more time with his son. You sound a little jealous.

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM

She is 11 years old! Why don't you trust her enough to be awake when you are asleep?

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Heck my DD is 11..and i still don't feel comfortable enough to go to sleep at night if she is not asleep...to me this is a ridiculous suggestion.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AAP1988
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

That is a ridiculous suggestion! You don't go to bed and leave a 6 year old up by themselves. That is bad parenting and irresponsible. If he wants to keep him late he can keep him overnight. If not looks like he isn't keeping him until 9. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AAP1988
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I am with you on that one. I am not letting a 6 year old stay awake by himself that is being an irresponsible parent. You don't leave a 6 year old unattended. 

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. You must have very irresponsible children. Mine are now 7 & 8 years old, on the weekends they can stay up as late as they want and I do not stay up if I don't want. They are safe inside our home and very responsible children. Sorry you aren't raising a more self sufficient child.

Quoting AAP1988:

That is a ridiculous suggestion! You don't go to bed and leave a 6 year old up by themselves. That is bad parenting and irresponsible. If he wants to keep him late he can keep him overnight. If not looks like he isn't keeping him until 9. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)