Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help me settle a debate ladies! *POLL*

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 58 Replies

Poll

Question: Which applies to you?

Options:

we usually eat dinner at the table as a family EVERY night

we eat dinner at the table as a family a few nights a week or not at all

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 167

View Results

We never sit at the table for dinner. It upsets me. He says people dont really have time to do that anymore. I said OK Ill make a poll. He thinks "less than 13% of you actually eat at the dinner table together as a family everyday.

Keep it bumped ladies! Thanks! eating

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
We eat at the dinner table. Here's a bump!
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I voted no because I usually don't eat until after they go to bed and dh usually doesn't get home until after. All the boys eat at the table together though.
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:47 PM
We eat a few nights a week, but the goal is as much as possible. I think it is good for the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM

BUMP!

momto3boys85
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:53 PM

we eat at the dinner table every night. We also do not eat out or order take out very often either, 95% of our meals our homemade too.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Proud mom to 3 boys, Sean(7), Daniel(5), and Julian(3)

Marimaru
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't vote because I think 3 to 4 nights a week should be an option, and then less than that should be a different option.  We eat at the table 3 to 4 nights a week, and we do feel that it's important.  It's a quiet family bonding time with no TV, or phones, or anything like that.

rosiemarie
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM
It usually me and the girls urging the week when he is working late like everyday

On weekends even when he is home he doesn't eat with us and yes it bothers me.....he's still in his time schedule he fails to realize that when he comes home he needs to be on te kids schedule.
jeniemarie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
i agree with 3-4 nights being a choice. it depends on hubbys work schedule here but we average 3 nights a week at least
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I understand. The point of the post is my.DH thinks that no one eats EVERY night together. So I made it only two options.

Quoting Marimaru:

I didn't vote because I think 3 to 4 nights a week should be an option, and then less than that should be a different option.  We eat at the table 3 to 4 nights a week, and we do feel that it's important.  It's a quiet family bonding time with no TV, or phones, or anything like that.

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:45 PM
we eat at the table more often than not
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)