Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Will Wic

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 19 Replies
Stop giving me food if I refuse to get Ds iron checked? If his Dr feels its not necessary can I have his Dr write a letter saying he is fine. I don't feel Ds needs to be poked for something that he doesn't like and its a NEED.
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KB2311
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Its just a little prick, most babies dont even notice
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Ds was on the program for 2 years and dd is 14 months old. They've asked us 3 times for both. Never done it, always got checks.
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM
It's just a poke. Most kids don't even notice unless you make a big deal out of it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:17 PM
He's four and hates it

Quoting KB2311:

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I don't make a big deal out of it, but him like me the smallest prick hurts like a thousand needles and its just makes everyone's day 10x worse.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

It's just a poke. Most kids don't even notice unless you make a big deal out of it

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you, I'll just not get it done and if they ask me I'll tell them I forgot.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Ds was on the program for 2 years and dd is 14 months old. They've asked us 3 times for both. Never done it, always got checks.

slgilliam
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM

They tell me at every appt to bring my baby so they can check her's. They check me but to date they have never checked my baby.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:22 PM

dont worry in a year you wont have to go thru it

Quoting Bookoholic:

He's four and hates it

Quoting KB2311:

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I asked their pedi (they have the same one) and she just rolled her eyes and said if they get pushy email her and she'll write an excusal. She said its a test that they use for research and isn't a condition of the program although they try to purport it as such.

They are supposed to have the ability to do it in the office but seriously, no one without a medical degree is sticking my kids with a needle. They aren't allowed to play with the toys in there because they are FILTHY. Like think the hand nast buildup you get on a light switch plate after a while and cover those bead toys with it. If I let them play 2 days later they're both sick. I asked them to clean them but the lady just took a Clorox wipe to the bar. I'm thinking of sending them a gift basket of cleaning brushes for Christmas.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Thank you, I'll just not get it done and if they ask me I'll tell them I forgot.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Terpsichore
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Wow, some of these replies are nasty. Some might not intend it that way but basic translation: bend over and take it in the butt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)