Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Holy $&@! Ouch (bunion surgery!)

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  • 30 Replies
So I had a bunion ectomy this am and the numbness is wearing off and damn it hurts!!! I don't know how I'm gonna survive this with a 5 y/o and 9 month old!! Anyone else ever have this done? Please share your experience!
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Ouch! I haven't had that specifically but I had a mole removed from the bottom of my foot and it hurt SO bad. I never expected it to hurt that much!

tiredme
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I haven't had it (I need to but I'm not willing to with a 2 year old) but my mom had it on both feet.  It hurt her for a few weeks.  Good luck!  Hope you have help with the kids.

-KJ
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I need to but I don't want to! I've heard it's a hard recovery! Good luck!
harajukumoma
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Ughhh! Yes I had a mole removed too actually from my toe! My recovery from that wasn't bad at all though- this is agony! 😖

Quoting jconney80:

Ouch! I haven't had that specifically but I had a mole removed from the bottom of my foot and it hurt SO bad. I never expected it to hurt that much!

kaygarcia97
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I went through this in 2010
harajukumoma
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM
How was your recovery?

Quoting kaygarcia97:

Big_Momma_X02
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I have not had it done...I hope your pain wears off soon.

kaygarcia97
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I was lucky because dh took two weeks off. My.doctor had me off my feet completely for those two weeks. Then I graduated to a boot cast for about a month. Three months in I had the pin removed.

I'm so glad I did it but the first week totally sucked!!!!!!! It hurt so bad

Quoting harajukumoma:

How was your recovery?

Quoting kaygarcia97:

harajukumoma
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Wow! He said the pin will come out in 4 weeks- ya SO's doing good so far helping out, but well see how long it lasts! Lol.. So you are really happy w the results? I still have to get the other one done TOO!!! :( I don't know if I wanna go through it again!!

Quoting kaygarcia97:I was lucky because dh took two weeks off. My.doctor had me off my feet completely for those two weeks. Then I graduated to a boot cast for about a month. Three months in I had the pin removed.

I'm so glad I did it but the first week totally sucked!!!!!!! It hurt so bad

Quoting harajukumoma:How was your recovery?

Quoting kaygarcia97:I went through this in 2010

DKk0531
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I had that done on both feet my sr yr in high school. Omg. I couldnt imagine having it done while having kids! I barely graduated high school with how much school work i missed. I was lucky i had the teachers i did. I failed a NEEDED class with a 13%...but the teacher was nice and passed me for helping him the last day of school grade final exams lol. I remember well the pain. After the first surgery, they removed the pins and the dr told me just sit and relax, get the feeling back before you try to walk...did i listen? No. As soon as him and my parents walked out i jumped off the bed, made it halfway down the hall and said "daddy i need you" and fainted. I have two huge scars now across both my feet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN