Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bed bugs!! Ah!! Updated pics

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM
  • 39 Replies

I think I might have bed bugs.. 

How do I get rid of them?

what causes them?

could these bites be them

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM

BUMP!

DawnLauren
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Have ye pets? could be flies, if not then I would say bed bugs, just boil wash all the bedding, steam the mattress and pillows. Not sure if you can buy anything for it.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM
That looks like hives not bed bugs.
ffwife48
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:12 PM

maybe Chiggers from outside ?

Siare
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Good luck getting rid of bed bugs now that they've banned the one thing that used to kill them. You're looking at months of quarantine for all of your belongings IF you have them.

If caught early, could one take steps to prevent them from multiplying? [Such as] vacuuming, throwing away items they may have laid their eggs in, and putting all your personal items (such as books, pics) in a freezer?

No. Although you may be able to spot and kill a bed bug or two, that doesn’t get at the root problem, which is the infestation itself. Henriksen says that professionals consider bedbugs the single most difficult pest to eliminate. “It’s not a do-it-yourself pest.” 

Does getting a plastic cover for your mattress help?

A plastic cover will keep bedbugs out of your mattress (or trap them inside if they are already there), Henriksen says. However, bedbugs hide in all sorts of places, and there’s no piece of plastic that can cover everything. 

I know that ants and moths tend to dislike cinnamon and orange oil. Do bedbugs have any aversions?

No, Henriksen says. The anti-pest industry is always testing new products, but they haven’t come up with anything yet. 

How to get rid of them in the quickest possible time and the easiest way possible?

Getting rid of bedbugs is neither quick nor easy. The better question is, what is the most thorough way to get rid of them. Again, Henriksen recommends working with a professional. Expect to do a tremendous amount of laundry and sealing things in bags prior to treatment. 

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM
http://www.m.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/picture-of-bedbug-bites

I can't make it clicky ..I'm mobile
Siare
by Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Bed bug bites :

opinionatedmom
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Damascus earth killed ours in 30 days reapply every week for at least a month. Even if it is fleas or something else it kills them too . I got mine at home depot. But my next bag will be the food grade one from the health store so I can use it in the kitchen. Be sure to put it in your outlets also. We got a plastic cover for the matress also.
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Well dh sleeps in same bed as me hasn't gotten bit once. 

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 7:22 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)