Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

State or country

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM
  • 57 Replies

What city and  state or country do u live in?? What are the pros & cons in your state?? Could someone making 19,000 a year survive living where u live??

i live in Arizona the con is its too damn hot all the time. The pro is its been pretty safe to live in so far..  I'm asking these question because we wanna move eventually somewhere else.

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I'm in a burb about 20 minutes south of Atlanta, GA. Personally, I love it as there is so much to do. I love the heat and humidity, but I'm not a cold weather person so it appeals to me. 

The average in our area is around $55K, which is about the same for Atlanta. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM
It would be super hard, my husband makes about 35k a year and we are paycheck to paycheck, however we have 6 kids so our bills, food, and other stuff is more than the average household.
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Bump! I live in Japan so I'm of no help.

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Oh how do u like Japan??

Quoting GodsAmiga:

Bump! I live in Japan so I'm of no help.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:09 PM
I live in Phenix City AL and I love it! Though we live in a more ritzy neighborhood (rent is 1225 a month) but my friends make due where they live in PC so it is duable. I like the heat so that doesnt bother me. I really cant think of any Cons
aj23
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I'm in middle TN. It's not too bad here depending on where you live. The weather is pretty mild for the most part. We have storms, tornado's, earthquakes and all that but more often than not it's mild. It snows but it's only a big snow about once every 5 years and even then snow isn't the issue, ice is. It gets hot sometimes but it's only every few years that it's 100+ during the summer. The humidity is the worst part of the weather.
The cost of living is low, the further away from the big cities you go the more affordable it is. Where I'm at you could easily live off of less than $20,000 but some place like Nashville, Memphis or Knoxville you couldn't. The biggest con of the area is the allergens. There's so many trees, flowers and water here that if you have allergies you will be miserable for a few weeks out of the year. During the month of May I live on Claritan. The further west are the less allergies are an issue.

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:47 PM

BUMP!

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I'm in Jacksonville Florida and i am not sure about others.
HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Indiana, and maybe. The cons- it's Indiana, the pro's, well I'm not so sure. For me it's my family, and no matter where we visit there is something about that S turn on the way home. As soon as we hit it I get a great sense of comfort. There's no place like home!
swiperno
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I love Arizona.

Live in Mississippi. Yes you could make it on 19k. The cost of living is very low. Cons: This is the bible belt, majority of people are poor, there is not a lot to do, there are not a lot of jobs. Oh and the heat here is worse than in AZ in my opinion (I lived in AZ 3 years. Your heat is dry, ours is wet.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)