Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

He told my daughter "Your going to get kidnapped"

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you call the school?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

My daughter is 9 and very chatty and energenic. We moved 2 months ago cross country and just yesterday she chose to tell me that before we moved, her bus driver was frustrated that she and another girl were being loud and said to my daughter "Your going to get kidnapped one day because you are loud". WTF??? I figure he was trying to scare her but wtf??? Do I call the school 10 states away and report the old man? It was months ago. What an awful thing to say to a kid.

by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I would let them know about the incident since to me that is inappropriate.  Usually the loud children kidnappers or anyone else will stay away from since the noise attracts attention towards them.

momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Not if it was an isolated event. I mean if he was always saying off things then i would probably feel differently. There may not be much they can do about it now though since its been ao long and your so far away.
Jerzeemom
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Thhats exactly what I thought

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would let them know about the incident since to me that is inappropriate.  Usually the loud children kidnappers or anyone else will stay away from since the noise attracts attention towards them.

NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Good grief! I've read so many posts from parents that are basically, "one time this person said something that i didn't like. Should i try to get them fired?"
Get over it.
Jerzeemom
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I have no desire to get the man fired but I don't think he should tell kids that they are going to get kidnapped.
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I would contact the other child's mom and discuss the situation with her since it will affect them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerzeemom
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I dont know the other kids last name or her parents

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't see a big deal here. I say things like "Your big mouth is gonna get you in trouble" and "Keep talking to strangers and you'll get kidnapped" to my kids all the time.  

EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Maybe your kid talks to people she doesn't know. Maybe she wasn't telling you exactly what the circumstances were.
It could have been anything. Kids are kids.
Imjustinsmommy
by on Jun. 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM

hmm hard call..  a part of me thinks if he really said this it  needs to  be known.. bc its not a normal thing to say to a child & you can be  helping by letting them know.. on the other hand did   he really say it? just like that? did she  chop up the dialog a bit? kids tend to recall conversations  differently than it really was said ya know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN