Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

OK so I know the world doesnt revolve around DD but....

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:51 AM
  • 15 Replies

Seriously, I do know that the world doesnt stop or revolve around my daughter because she has autism. 

But I am allowed to be frustrated. lol. 

But seriously,  I know they have every right to do so, on a saterday night. 

But the highschool that is literally right across the street from us (literally, we can see it from our front yard) is having something, im not sure. big giant event. with lots of people (we can hear them) and fireworks. 

DD is going nuts. we have a routine, and its been shuffled. :( she is tired after a long day today, of a birthday party and then a therapy appointment. She wants to sleep but cant because of the highschool.

so we ordered a pizza and got some snack foods to munch, and ordered some movies off amazon prime, and we are having a special girls night in, to hopefully get her mind off it, and then after we eat our pizza, i will give her a full melatonin (she normally only needs half) and see if she will get to sleep watching a movie. *crosses fingers* 

but seriously. frustrating!! lol 

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahlovesLiz
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Bless her heart.  Sounds like she has some awesome support, though.  Good luck!  :)

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Thanks :) im sitting here with her, half watching the movie lol, we have watched it 60 million times. she is loving the up late party, so hopefully she will be able to sleep :) 

Quoting SarahlovesLiz:

Bless her heart.  Sounds like she has some awesome support, though.  Good luck!  :)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:01 AM

I hope she can settle down as well.  How late it is there?

a06z08mama
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Any luck yet? Up late babies don't deal with me very well the next day. :(
NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Move to the country then. Even in my small village we have noisy nights. It can bug me but i remember that one day i may have a noisy party and I'd hate to have people complain. I know you didn't but its not like it happens every night.
I also found after we got new windows and insulation we can block most outside noises.
Imjustinsmommy
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

we get those  nosiy nights too &  it messes up kids with or w/o a strong  routine. heck my ds1 can keep my ds2 up all night or vica versa if their having a bad night. last night ds2 was having a hard night  we still dont know for sure why  he is 17 mos &  was up ALOT crying.. maybe teething or maybe the beginning of a cold idk but OMG dh & i were back n forth for 1  1/2 hrs  and it was waking up  ds1 ( 5)..

now ds1 is up early as usualy all morning  but ds2 is trying to sleep in from last night & ds1  keeps messing him up!

also my neighbor had a bbq  party a small one just 2 couples  right next to  my ds1's window.. they werent out TOO late like 11? but ds goes to bed by like 8 or 9 so he got a late start falling asleep bc they were talking, laughing. but it happens..

he MIGHT be hfa & he  is bothered by noises too.. but. meh.. lol

you dealt with it fine & she got a special night with you!!!! sounds like a blessing =)

hope it worked out ok.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I posted this at almost 10 my time. your reply came at 11:01

Quoting frndlyfn:

I hope she can settle down as well.  How late it is there?

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Thank you ladies. she did calm down enough to sleep. and the fireworks died down around 11 and the school was quiet by about midnight. she went to bed around that time. 

'Of course per her schedual, she woke up at 7 lol. i told her she could sleep in but she didnt. but she doesnt seem affected by last night :) so its all good! 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

It is nice when they can bounce back like that.

needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Is this your first year living there? I'd say it sounds like a graduation party. That might happen every year around this time. My oldest is autistic and while he likes routine we purposely mess it up from time to time so he can learn to cope with changes. Depending on your DDs age and her function (high vs. low) you may want to start doing this. It has been really helpful for my DS. He use to flip out and have major meltdowns at the slightest change to routine, but now he can go with the flow pretty well most days. If he's having a bad day or its a major change (like he's about to start 2nd grade and will have a new class aid) he starts having some anxiety issues. So we give him things he can use to cope with the changes. Good luck mama.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN