Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

i cant be with my son at the hospital.

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:47 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm having a super hard time dealing with anything tonight. Louie is on his second round of chemotherapy and is weak, his tummy is not giving him an easy time and he's got a bad rash all up and down his little body.
Yesterday, Miles called me on the way home from work. He normally goes home, goes to get Norah from my mom's, (unless she's with me) and heads up to the hospital. Where I am. Most of the time. Except yesterday when he called he sounded awful. Norah had been up with a stomach bug and fever the night before and he stayed up with her, bless his soul, so I could rest. It was my first night at home in weeks.
He told me over the phone he felt queasy and thought it would be best if he just got some rest. I agreed. Later on in the afternoon I started to feel it too. icky, nauseated, and tired. I knew I needed to leave. Louie has an extremely low immune system because of the chemotherapy. A common cold could be the difference between him staying with us or not. He's already lost so much weight, I  know he can't handle losing anymore. So, as hard as it was, and it was hard,I had to leave my boy at the hospital in the very capable hands of the nurses and doctors.

Miles and Norah have been out of commission all day. Miles curls up into a cocoon when he's not feeling well, and that's the place he's been all day. Norah's tummy has been all upset and she's got a fever of 100. Im feeling a little better. I've got to get my health back so I can see my boy! I just wanted to update everyone on where we're at. (it's lousy).
Thanks guys, please keep me in your prayers that I'll get better quick so I can get back with my baby.
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:49 AM

OH man.  I hope everyone feels better soon.  It stinks when everyone catches a bug. I hope it is a 24 hour bug and not a late flu or anything of that nature.  Be careful not to run yourself down to become more vulnerable to these bugs.

exhausted_ma
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Sending prayers hun.
chicksdigscars
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 4:53 AM

so many prayers sent you way! Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate mama

AmericanChild82
by Chrissy on Jun. 23, 2013 at 5:22 AM

Oh man that really stinks. I sure hope you ALL get to feeling better soon. Is anyone with Louie at the hospital since you guys are out of commission?

4littlewheelers
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
My ahh mazing mother in law is staying with him!

Quoting AmericanChild82:

Oh man that really stinks. I sure hope you ALL get to feeling better soon. Is anyone with Louie at the hospital since you guys are out of commission?

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I hope you feel better soon. Stay strong momma. 

Photo: -Randi.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM

ugh,  sounds terrible im sorry. tummmy bugs are very contagious.. wash your hands alot and  rest up so he does nOT get it from you guys.  they can be contagious a few days after it passes as well.. so just be careful & stay strong =)

Big_Momma_X02
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I am so very sorry,heres hoping everyone will feel better soon so You can go be with Louie,I know Norah is your daughter correct ?,is Miles your Husband ?....

hugs

Big_Momma_X02
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM

That is awesome!...Saying my prayers for sweet Louie...

Quoting 4littlewheelers:

My ahh mazing mother in law is staying with him!

Quoting AmericanChild82:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Hope you guys feel better soon! Keeping your baby boy in my thoughts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)