Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Come on people. You can't tell me you've never said something you regretted later.. Paula Deen SPIN OFF

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:01 PM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: Is it time to forgive and move on?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 37

View Results

I am seeing all these post's about Paula Deen and her having said the N-Word. First off understand she said that in 2007 It is now 2013.. 6 years.. Are any of you trying to tell me in the last 6 YEARS... You haven't done or said ANYTHING.. That might be taken wrong? Something that might cause you to lose a job. Something that Someone might twist and hurt you/your reputation? And frankly anyone of you saying.. NO... I think is lying! I admit you might not have said something that could be considered racist.. But it might still be inappropriate... or in bad taste! So frankly.. I think everyone needs to chill out! She's human ... Period.. She was raised in Segragationist Georgia... Not saying that makes it ok.. I am saying she has appologized.. now lets put on our big girl undies and just get over it!

I am an Old Fashioned mom! I beleive in God, Guns and Freedom!

I beleive Children need to learn manners, self respect and Obediance! If my children don't tow the line.. I have the rod of correction to be applied to the seat of knowledge to bring about the change in attitude and behavior!

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, it is time to move on. What is in the past cannot be changed, so a sincere apology and promise to do better is what is called for.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Oh Please.  People get over it.  So she said the N word.  People say things all the time.  That they regret saying later.  I'm sure I probably said things over the years I regret.   Move on.  Or do words hurt you that much.  Blacks call whites Cracker and other things.  Why don't we tell them it's not ok to say.   I agree put on your big girl undies.

Countess79
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Well Apparently it is ok for Jaimee Foxx to say in one of his comedic acts that he thought it was funny to suggest one of his charicters "Kill all the rich white people" So if he isn't shamed out of public life.. Why the hell should Paula be?? She said the N word.. He suggested killing everyone with white skin.. Much bigger thing there.. I think.. And no one got their panties in a wad over that!
Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I think we all say things we regret in the heat of the moment. Whether we are dealing with friends, family or the general public.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM

We have ALL said something we wish we could take back. Either five minutes ago or 20 years ago! The most important thing is she apoligized for what she had said in her past, she asked for forgiveness publically. She should get it. Period.

goodmama85
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Yea just stupid when blacks use that word all the damn time.not saying it's ok at all to use but get pissy because someone from a different race/background uses/used it and then you continue to use it o.O
Heidi615
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I agree with you OP

jomami
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this

She is so stupid to say something that awful when she wants people to watch her show and buy her products.

I'm not offended but now I think she's a trashy racist.

Countess79
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM
everyone says things that they regret later and if you try to pretend that you have the right to judge someone else because they've done what you've already done that makes you a hypocrite

Quoting jomami:

She is so stupid to say something that awful when she wants people to watch her show and buy her products.

I'm not offended but now I think she's a trashy racist.

NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I agree but i think people are more concerned that she is at heart a racist. Paula dean has made a living being the sweet lady and some people just don't want anything to do with watching someone hateful and ignorant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN