Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Kindergarten grad- dad doesn't know where school is

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM
  • 15 Replies
My son graduates kindergarten today. My SO is so upset that he can't be there because work is down a couple people. My ex who doesn't eve known where his school is gets to go and my SO is there to pick my son up everyday and isn't going to be able to make it. I guess I'll have to take lots of pictures and videos!

Does anyone else have a child's father who doesn't even know where their kids school is?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yezay
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahmw2010
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:41 AM
My hubby doesnt know where the head start school is for ds
lalalamama
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Some husbands don't. Doesn't mean they don't care, just that their wives always take care of schooling so they don't worry about it. Doesn't make it right mind you, both parents should attend "meet the teacher night" and recitals, but some Dads travel a lot and it can happen.
I wouldn't get upset that my EX doesn't know where the kindergarden is. Disappointed maybe, but don't turn this into a reason to critisize him.
Gingered
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Quoting lalalamama:

Some husbands don't. Doesn't mean they don't care, just that their wives always take care of schooling so they don't worry about it. Doesn't make it right mind you, both parents should attend "meet the teacher night" and recitals, but some Dads travel a lot and it can happen.
I wouldn't get upset that my EX doesn't know where the kindergarden is. Disappointed maybe, but don't turn this into a reason to critisize him.

I agree. My husband's ex wife purposely kept him from attending meetings at the school. He would ask when they were and she wouldn't tell him. I guess she didn't want the school to realize that the crap she talked about him wasn't true.

yezay
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:11 AM
We've talked about the name of his school dozens of times and Ed never bothered to look it up. If roles were reversed I'd want to know in case of emergency. Even if you never have to go its good to know where it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Our oldest isn't even in school yet but knows where the school is that she will attend this fall. His only thing us he can never remember the schools name. Lol but he does know where it is and will be involved with the school like I will be once we get our dd enrolled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Cherish on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM

We live down the street from the school, so dh would have to be blind to not know where it is, that and dd has been going there since 1st grade, and is now on her way to 5th grade.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Yes. But be is not allowed unsupervised visits with her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)