Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What kind of dog is this?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 49 Replies

We just got a puppy off crigslist, the guy said he's a Great Dane/Boxer mix...I don't think so. What does he look like to you? By the way, he is very sweet, we call him the surprise puppy because we have no idea what he will grow up to be lol.

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kris10leighc
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM
How big is he? His facial coloring is like a rautweiler but his face is very narrow for that. I don't really see any boxer in him. Honestly if he was small I'd say looks like a jack Russel and a Doberman or a min pin. I don't think anything about him screams Great Dane either besides maybe his paws. He looks like he may have some German shepherd in him too

I worked at a local shelter yrs ago. They are very good at assessing a dogs origins. You could try taking him there or your vet. It's important to know what kind of dog you have because then u know what health risks to look for.
The shelter I got my dog from told me they thought he was Maltese and schnauzer mix. He was rescued from a puppy mill, but he's just pure Maltese says vet. Doesn't look like anything else either.
lismore
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
He definitely doesn't look like he has boxer. I'd say German Shepard and something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddiddlyumshis
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Kinda looks like a rotti/shep mix
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerzeemom
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:38 AM

He's 10wks old and 15lbs, that pic was taken two weeks ago and he's alot bigger now. The vet said he looks like a German Shep mix

Quoting kris10leighc:

How big is he? His facial coloring is like a rautweiler but his face is very narrow for that. I don't really see any boxer in him. Honestly if he was small I'd say looks like a jack Russel and a Doberman or a min pin. I don't think anything about him screams Great Dane either besides maybe his paws.

I worked at a local shelter yrs ago. They are very good at assessing a dogs origins. You could try taking him there or your vet. It's important to know what kind of dog you have because then u know what health risks to look for.
The shelter I got my dog from told me they thought he was Maltese and schnauzer mix. He was rescued from a puppy mill, but he's just pure Maltese says vet. Doesn't look like anything else either.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Don't look like a boxer at all.  I think German Shepard and Husky mix  maybe. Or maybe a little bit Rotweiler. 

harajukumoma
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM
A cute one! Looks like German shep. Mix!
ATG499
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Get a dog breed DNA test and find out!

I too got a dog off of CL. The seller said she was a Jack Russell Terrier/Chihuahua mix. I didn't believe that at all. Our first thought was Beagle/Chihuahua. We ordered a DNA test and found out she's a mutt. One parent was a Chihuahua mix, the other a Pomeranian mix. Her test shows that she has some Bluetick Coonhound, Miniature Poodle, Dachshund, Boston Terrier, and Miniature Schnauzer in her. She looks like a Beagle or Corgi and Dachshund mix but barks like a Coonhound.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shygurl3166
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM
This!

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Kinda looks like a rotti/shep mix

armyvet06
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I would guess maybe shepherd mix? Either way,he is too darn cute!
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:14 AM

He could have boxer in him. My dog is a boxer/golden retriever mix and she doesn't look anything like a boxer. However, her brother looks all boxer and nothing like a retriever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN