Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Baby with pneumonia

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
I have a lil guy in my daycare (7 mo) who went home on wed with a fever and cold like symptoms. His parents called me today.to let me know he is in the hospital with pneumonia. Poor lil guy :(

Anyways I've never dealt with pneumonia before! Should I be worried? I don't know how long.he should stay out for. I have two other infants ( one is mine) He also has a 2 yr old brother at home....I hope he doesn't get sick!

Anything advice would be great! Thanks
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Big_Momma_X02
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Yikes,I hope he's going to be OK :-(

I have never dealt with it before either,BUMP

kidlover2
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
You can't "catch" pneumonia. I would hope that the parents would keep him home as long as he is on the antibiotics. It is scary! I hope he gets better soon!
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM
That's what I thought. Just the cold virus that caused it

Quoting kidlover2:

You can't "catch" pneumonia. I would hope that the parents would keep him home as long as he is on the antibiotics. It is scary! I hope he gets better soon!

Ithxayana3
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM

my baby had pneumonia in his lungs and caught the rsv virus when he was 3 months old. it was scary but he olny stayed at the hospital for about 3 days and came home. He's had some breathing problems about a month ago and was on a nebulizer but he is a fighter. Im sure the lil guy will be just fine. my prayers are with him! but if your baby was near him just monitor him, for fever and listen to his breathing, just to be on the safe side. but im sure everything will be alright

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN