Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what do i wear to orientation?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 18 Replies
I recently got a job as bartender at a nice restaurant, I have a pre orientation tomorrow for paperwork, then an orientation next week, I got an email about their dress code, black slacks and button up white shirt, am I supposed to buy those myself? Should I wear them to the pre orientation?? Its a big restaurant chain so I don't know what to expect
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Blestmomof3
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM

If they sent you the dress code than that is what I would wear.  Yes, I'm sure they expect you to buy it yourself.

JessicaEOH
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Pretty orientation? I'd wear the uniform. You normally buy them yourself.
Have.Faith
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Congratulations on your new job! :)
You are expected to buy the black slacks and button up yourself. I would wear the black slacks and button shirt to the orientation.
hello_kitty25
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry I meant pre. I'm on my phone

Quoting JessicaEOH:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Yes wear them to orientation and at all times for business/work related trainings.  Most people have these in their wardrobe already.

JessicaEOH
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Lol! I figured it was an error at first and then it said it like 2 more times, hahaha!

Quoting hello_kitty25:

Sorry I meant pre. I'm on my phone

Quoting JessicaEOH:

mikesmom65270
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Wear the uniform.  Actually, black slacks and a white shirt would be acceptable almost anywhere.

snowpeasmom
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM
If they said dress code you pay for the outfits if they said uniform they pay...its legal jargon. Though some companies will buy dress code items. But if a company say uniforms they have to provided
hello_kitty25
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM
I thought I did. But it has to be black slacks with no pockets, and if it has belt loops I need a belt. Lol which I don't have. I don't wear this kind of top to an interview..makes me blend into the applicant crowd. Boring. He said jcpenny to buy one when I called today, and he said shirt can't have pockets, and must be capable of buttoning all the way up .

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yes wear them to orientation and at all times for business/work related trainings.  Most people have these in their wardrobe already.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Yeah it can be hard for sure to find the specifics.  I was lucky that where i worked allowed pockets for pants and we had a pocket for the shirt over the left breast.  It wasnt supposed to be used but it was still there.

These dont look like they have pockets on them for the pants.  http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/pants/liz-claiborne-audra-straight-leg-pants/prod.jump?ppId=pp5001600425&catId=cat100250095&deptId=dept20000013&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null

Quoting hello_kitty25:

I thought I did. But it has to be black slacks with no pockets, and if it has belt loops I need a belt. Lol which I don't have. I don't wear this kind of top to an interview..makes me blend into the applicant crowd. Boring. He said jcpenny to buy one when I called today, and he said shirt can't have pockets, and must be capable of buttoning all the way up .

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN