Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who has a Great Dane?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 38 Replies

we have an 11week old great dane.  we've had him for 2 weeks now and he's the sweetest dog.

we are working on training (behaviour, crate, and potty) and so far he's doing pretty good.

any tips or advice or just general info anyone want to post?

here's his pic.   the top pic is his parents.  dad (standing in pic)  is 190lbs and 38 inches tall (at shoulders).  mom is 160 and 34 inches at shoulders.     the second is our sweet boy.   he's 11 weeks and 33 lbs.

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyToEthan
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM

BUMP!

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Beautiful Dogs!

asmalltowngirl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I hope he is an inside dog. Great Danes are known to grieve in the absence of their owners. Danes that are kept outside have a significantly shorter life span than a Dane that is kept inside
Mudfishzgirl
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM
We used to have one. My biggest nugget of advice is to get him a crate for when you aren't home. Ours ate a fouton couch cushion, a chair and a screened in porch while he was teething. Other than that they are awesome and such love bugs. I want to get another.
Andylund
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Make sure he dosnt get too much protein as a pup if big dogs grow to fast they have joint problems later
lil_momma0911
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Mobile Photo

This is my lil girl. She is six months old. I will admit at first i didnt like her but she has calmed down so much. Is he hyper or is it just mine?
Homeschoolmom99
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM

My wife used to own one she says Kong chew toys and she agrees with the others crate him and get a good diet plan going!

MommyToEthan
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:52 PM

yes, he's inside :)

Quoting asmalltowngirl:

I hope he is an inside dog. Great Danes are known to grieve in the absence of their owners. Danes that are kept outside have a significantly shorter life span than a Dane that is kept inside

Rubygl00m
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I have 2 of them. Love my giant babies :)
Rubygl00m
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)