Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Feeling lonely and resentful at home

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 14 Replies
Just wondering how I can overcome this feeling of being lonely and sad all the time! I am still on maternity leave and my husband works crazy hours and I feel like we are drifting apart. I feel like when he is home he just wants to sleep and not be with us or help me. I don't know what to do! Any suggestions!?
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Call a friend to see if they want to hang out, get out of house if you can with the baby to be out in the world and possibly meet other new moms.

ashesleigh
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I felt that way after ds was born. i found a new moms support group and joined cafe mom. i had another account but had to delete and start over. if you cant get ahild of any of ur friends then look for groups on here
kels1023
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I'm feeling the same way. My fiancé is always there to help when he gets home though, but he is working from 6 am to 10 pm so I'm alone ALL of the time. It's really hard on me.

Hang in there, it will get better.
MommyW100
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I felt the same way after my duaghter was born. My husband and I fought like cats and dogs over every little thing. I also felt as if we were drifting apart a bit. But after a while, things just worked themeselves out and got eaisier. Hang in there :)  {{hugs}}

SJanack
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Thank you, some days are better than others. My husband does help alot when he is here but I just feel resentful. When he leaves for work I just cry like a big baby
craftimomma3
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Same thing I felt after ds was born. We hardly ever even disagreed before I got pregnant and we had been together almost 4 years. We started constantly bickering (which is about as bad as most our fights get) and I couldn't stand it. It eventually worked itself out, I really think sleep helped now that he is 9 months old and sleeps through the night we don't disagree much anymore. My hormones have been crazy also and we both recognize it and discuss it so being aware of what is going on between us has helped.

I try to remember taking care of an infant is time consuming and exhausting. The pressure of being a new mom is a lot. Dad has pressure to provide for our family and working wears him out. I think we are both overwhelmed.

I would give it time. I think it is fairly normal behavior and feelings from both of you as new parents. I would also try to schedule some time where you can tell him how you are feeling. He may surprise you by feeling the same way and then you can figure out a way to work on it so you are both happy. Good luck. It gets better.
beinghuman
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Yeah.....that happens. Just try to keep talking without sounding like he is doing something wrong. In his mind he is probably taking one for the team by working so much-

lalalamama
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
It's normal to feel lonely and isolated. Going from working to being home with a baby is a HUGE change in lifestyle !!
Feeling sad is not normal. Talk to your doctor or your baby's pedi. You need to rule out post partum depression.
Connect with other new moms in your area. There are "mommy and me" groups everywhere. You are not alone.
Your husband is also coping with the HUGE change in lifestyle. In typical male fashion he's putting his nose to the grind stone...
RADmomma
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Try to get out of the house. Look for mommy and me groups.
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Get out of the house, and sit your husband down and talk to him about how you are feeling. 

This sounds bitchy, but I don't understand why some women ask about this kind of thing, I know they are just trying to figure out if anyone else has gone through this, and what worked for them. But every relationship is different. 

But communication is the main key in every relationship, so instead of crying to the internet, cry to your husband. And tell him how you are feeling, and tell him that you would really like it if he could please help out when he is at home instead of just sleeping.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN