Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

30 weeks and stressed

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am 30 almost 31 weeks pregnant. i have ds and 3 ss. Physically my body doesnt allow me to do much. my dr even made the comment id put u on bed rest but between ur body and your husband they are doing it for me. with ds i didnt have the back and swelling issues i do now. ive been to the hospital 2 times for them to stop labor. my mbind is racing with everytbhing that bneeds to be done before the baby gets here. i cannot drive and after a certain point in the day i cannot move without help from one of the kids or my husband. me bein reg the worry warti am is that my recovery will cause me to sink into post pardagain. dr says everything looks normal and that if i start showing signs of depression then dh needs to contact him immediatley. i guess im just freaking out that im too much of a burden on everyone. i cant drive anymore i cant bend over and pick anything up. im just stressing. i talked to dh about it and he says im not a burden and he likes taking care of me but i cant help but to feel if i cant take care of myself now how can i take care of the baby and my family after delivery. thanks for the vent.
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
funhappymom
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Keep reminding yourself that you are not a burden to your family. You are doing what needs to be done to make sure baby is healthy and that's what is important right now.

Make a list of what you think needs to be done before baby arrives. Then think about what REALLY needs done before your little one gets here. As long as they have a place to sleep and you, that's really all they need right away.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Keep a list by your bed or where you sit to rest. It will help to get things off your mind. Let people know you have the list, and if they can help it would be great.

Your hubby is awesome and you are doing whats best for the baby! Good luck!

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I like this idea! I think it would really help you feel a little more in control and less stressed and also help others know what it is you need help with specifically so they can help keep you relaxed, too. :)

Quoting LancesMom:

Keep a list by your bed or where you sit to rest. It will help to get things off your mind. Let people know you have the list, and if they can help it would be great.

Your hubby is awesome and you are doing whats best for the baby! Good luck!

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Shirlin
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Remember that you are accomplishing something every minute of every day ... you are making a brand new human being!! I was put on bed rest the last five weeks of my pregnancy so I know just how you feel. Be gentle with yourself, ok? Love and hugs!! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:19 AM

(((Hugs)))

You are not a burden. As a mom we tend to believe we are wonder woman and do everything ourselves. Let your husband take care of you and ask for help from others. Right now the most important thing is staying stress free and healthy for your baby.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN