Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New to Cafe Mom

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 12 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi, my name is Dawn. I am a very proud wife and mother of two.  My son is 3 1/2 and my daughter is 15months. I am basically trying to connect with local parents that have children around the same ages to have play dates and for us to get to know. I work Monday through Friday so it can be difficult to find time to network and meet new people.

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shirlin
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Have you tried hooking up with other local moms on Facebook?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM

welcome to cafemom and the Group Dawn enjoy and have Fun !

mejorado_dawn
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM

How would I do that on Facebook?

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Hi Dawn! welcome to cafemom!! I hear you about trying to meet local moms for playdates! lol.

let me ask where  are you from? we do have MANY local  groups on here for you to join.  cafemom as a whole site  is AMAZING and you can get alot online from others..  great for  chatting,  advice, venting, friends,   so many  interest.. & great people.. however you can ALSO find groups from the state or area you are from!

let me know here you are from & if you are uncomfortable posting that PM me & ill find a group for you.  you can also type in the search cafemom on the top right next to the "log  out" and type in your state or area.. & see  what groups come up! from there joing that group as well as this  great one & post something like youo did here!!!

by the way, there is alwyas a chance in ANY group you can stumble upon someone who lives near you.. or within a  decent distance! it's happened =)

good luck &  welcome to cafemom! =)

im from NY by the way. I am in 3 groups that are local to my area!

mejorado_dawn
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Awesome. Thank you for the information. I am in Lewisville, TX and my zip code is 75077.

Any help is greatly appreciate.  I am interested in meeting other moms even if they are not in my area.  That was just my main interest and goal.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM

your very welcome.. ok so i looked on cafe mom & yes, there are sevral texas groups.. BUT i dont know texas well lol they have north texas  & south texas  and just " texas" groups.. i tried to find out but im not sure.. are you north or south texas? you can go to the top search  bar " search cafemom" at the top right on this page and type in  north or south texas depending where you are.. again im in NY so im not familiare with texas..  and a few groups will show up!!!  you can go click on a group & see which you like, whicb is more active or what not.. and join that group too!

let me know if you need  help thats what im here for =) 

Quoting mejorado_dawn:

Awesome. Thank you for the information. I am in Lewisville, TX and my zip code is 75077.

Any help is greatly appreciate.  I am interested in meeting other moms even if they are not in my area.  That was just my main interest and goal.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Welcome to the group, Dawn!

You might also like these groups, too:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Welcome to CafeMom Dawn,
Nice to meet you :)

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Hello and welcome to the group!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Quoting mejorado_dawn:

HI! Welcome to the group! I found CafeMom had these local groups if you were interested.

Dallas, Fort Worth, and Midcities Meetups (For all members of the family!)

You can find other groups here too: Group Finder

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)