Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anyone here have High Blood Pressure and on Birth Control Pills? (TMI)

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have had abnormal Uterine Bleeding for the past 6 months but it has gotten very bad in the past 3..I ave had 23 day cycles of bleeding wih only 11 day breaks...they are very very heavy and I have spent the past 2 months pretty much in the bed.I have was also in the ER for 7 hours where they TONS of test..my kids summer has pretty much been them sitting inside because I cant leave the house and we live on the beach...and we have a pool.but I cant go anywhere because I am constantly messing up my clothes..I went to the gyno yesterday and she is aware that I have strssed induced HBP..it was 114/66 in her office but at the hospital it was 156/107..her answer to my problem was Low dose Birth control pills....Sprintec..is wht they are called..I have yet to take one because I am also 35 and overweight...but I am working on it and I have lost 13 lbs(yay me!!!) so far..would have probably lost more if I wasn't stuck in the house in the bed all day... Does anyone one else take them with any of these issues? Or know how long I would have to take them before it would affect me? Thans so much and I am so sorry it is so long....

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I don't have experience with this but here's a bump for other moms to see. 

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

momof6andmore
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Thank You :)

momof6andmore
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I also wanted to mention...my hubby is fixed...so there is no need for pregnancy protection or birth control other than my irregular bleeding.

funhappymom
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Has your doctor suggested having a uterine ablation done? They take and burn the lining of your uterus. I would take the pills and see if it helps, otherwise, I would look into other options, like the ablation.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Definitely try the pills to see if they help. If not, you really do need to explore other options with your gyno. I would even go so far as to get a second opinion.

Good luck

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Hi there,
No experience with this,
Can you ask your doctor?
Hope someone can help you with this :)

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Hi! Welcome! What has your doctor said about this! I would discuss with them.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Sorry, no idea, but if you trust your dov, go with what he says. Just don't smoke.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I am not.  I hope someone is able to help you out.  Welcome to the group!

momof6andmore
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Thanks ladies...I am taking the meds..and they are working but they are also causing me other issues..like crzy morning sickness like nausea and muscle weekness..rapid heartbeat..as far as ablation..we discussed tht I am an excellent candidate for it but she said that we needed to get the homones settled forst and then worry about that..so we will just see how things go... thanks again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN