Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

extra time and not showing!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM
  • 7 Replies

My oldest sons father asks me Monday night if he could take our son out for dinner Tuesday night 5-7 I told him sure and for him to text me when he gets out of work (I only will have text communcation with him) So he never texts me. He gets mad that I didn't text him. If he asks to take our son and I told him text me when you get out of work wouldn't that be his responsibility to get in contact with me? 

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
RADmomma
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Why didn't you text him after a while & ask what was going on?
Imjustinsmommy
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM

this.. I do agree its his responsiblity.. but it's also yours to follow up & see what's up..  he is not you dh for a reason.. so he isnt perfect.. we donr need to bash him..  just expect it wont always be smooth & you might have to call him when he  doesn't BUT if your  lo is  wanting to go & it might not happen unless you  step it up for him  bc the dad isnt... id just foll my eyes & call..

Quoting RADmomma:

RADmomma
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM
That was exactly my thinking... Just better worded!!

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

this.. I do agree its his responsiblity.. but it's also yours to follow up & see what's up..  he is not you dh for a reason.. so he isnt perfect.. we donr need to bash him..  just expect it wont always be smooth & you might have to call him when he  doesn't BUT if your  lo is  wanting to go & it might not happen unless you  step it up for him  bc the dad isnt... id just foll my eyes & call..

Quoting RADmomma:

sahmw2010
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Is this a reaccurig theme? If it is, then its his loss. I used to have an ex like that an i finally said enough, if u want to see ur DD then u can contact me, im not going to force u to see her.. Well he hasnt seen her since she was 3 (5 yrs ago) and honestly, she is happy and so am I
AAP1988
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

He always complains he doesn't get extra time with our son, When I offer it all the time. I told him anytime he wants to take our son he is more than welcome he just needs to text me. I don't think it's my responsibility to chase him. 

Quoting sahmw2010:

Is this a reaccurig theme? If it is, then its his loss. I used to have an ex like that an i finally said enough, if u want to see ur DD then u can contact me, im not going to force u to see her.. Well he hasnt seen her since she was 3 (5 yrs ago) and honestly, she is happy and so am I

AAP1988
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Because I don't feel I should have to chase him down. If he wants to see our son he is capable of texting me. 

Quoting RADmomma:

RADmomma
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:45 PM
I don't think sending one text is chasing him down. He should put the effort in but if it means something to your son... Be the bigger person.

Quoting AAP1988:

Because I don't feel I should have to chase him down. If he wants to see our son he is capable of texting me. 

Quoting RADmomma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)