Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you don't know how to ride the bus then don't ride it

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM
  • 29 Replies

I'm a regular bus rider and was on the city bus earlier. To get off at a stop you either press the yellow bar or pull the yellow cord depending on the bus, this was a bus where you pressed the yellow bar, well a guy presses it a block or so away from the next stop. He starts yelling at the bus driver that she missed his stop, she was slowing down to stop. I don't get why people have to be like this, you know if you ride the bus that you get off at a bus stop not just wherever. Ugh some people should just not ride the bus. Then earlier today when I was on another bus, it was a different bus driver and a lady gets off and asked the bus driver when the bus would be back, the bus driver told her 40 minutes, the buses depart the transfer plaza every 40 minutes and the bus driver told her that she'd be coming inbound in about 5 minutes and going down Congress instead of State because this route is like 2 routes in 1, every other run it goes to Green Acres and every other run it goes to Wal-Mart, I don't get why people act like they don't know how to ride a city bus, don't ride it if you don't know whats up. It made me mad because it was holding the bus up and the bus was already running late.

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes people really do not know how the system works and there is not a class people can take to learn the public transpo system.  I asked alot of ?s when i was first starting but tried to ask enroute not at stops.  I also told the driver where my stop was in case i missed the pulling on stop string.

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Had that issue in NO on the trolly cars. People mad because they didnt stop. Well that wasnt a designated stopping point
GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM
4 moms liked this
Some people dont know...gosh.. Not everyone is a pro bus rider like yourself.. Its hard to memorize all the stops and times..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bressmommy2012
by Cassandra on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Um it's not hard to remember all the stops and times at all, the buses run every 40 minutes and the stops are every two blocks, not too hard to remember all that.

coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM
How else do you learn ?Online or paper Trip planners can only take you so far, a person learns from experience.
coleysmama
by Lisa on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM

There are people who don't know. I'm sure it takes a new rider a while to learn all the ins and outs of public transportation.

Also every city is different. In my area the bus driver will pick you up and drop you off wherever you'd like along the route within  reason (as long as it's not interfering with traffic or dangerous of course).

coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Do you happen to be in Austin? Because their system is confusing as fuck.
.stella.
by Stella on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Sorry, some people have a vehicle and sometimes have to ride the bus out of need, not as a daily transporter. How are they supposed to learn all the stops and crap in one day? Calm your tetas.

Rosebud27aj
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Well I rode the city bus a couple times and we have bus stops at certain places. When I went to see my mil with my dh, we rode the city bus and they do not have bus stops at certain places. When someone pulls the cord, the bus automatically stops. 

Francess33
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
That's dumb. How is anyone supposed to learn if they don't ride??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)