Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you don't know how to ride the bus then don't ride it

I'm a regular bus rider and was on the city bus earlier. To get off at a stop you either press the yellow bar or pull the yellow cord depending on the bus, this was a bus where you pressed the yellow bar, well a guy presses it a block or so away from the next stop. He starts yelling at the bus driver that she missed his stop, she was slowing down to stop. I don't get why people have to be like this, you know if you ride the bus that you get off at a bus stop not just wherever. Ugh some people should just not ride the bus. Then earlier today when I was on another bus, it was a different bus driver and a lady gets off and asked the bus driver when the bus would be back, the bus driver told her 40 minutes, the buses depart the transfer plaza every 40 minutes and the bus driver told her that she'd be coming inbound in about 5 minutes and going down Congress instead of State because this route is like 2 routes in 1, every other run it goes to Green Acres and every other run it goes to Wal-Mart, I don't get why people act like they don't know how to ride a city bus, don't ride it if you don't know whats up. It made me mad because it was holding the bus up and the bus was already running late.

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Replies (21-29):
mama23brie
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Clueless people don't bother me. Rude people who don't move over to let someone sit, drunk homeless people trying to conversate with me, people listening to music so loud i can hear the words, and out of control children pulling the stop chord annoy me. Oh and people with bikes cuz they take FOREVER to put their bike on the rack. oh and when someone smells really bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Morticiah
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM

In my opinion, if someone can't deal with learning to travel with other people, especially new riders, they need to try other means of travel. Perhaps invest in a car or some other method of transportation? 

first-one
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this

This has to be the whiney-est post I've ever seen.  And that's saying a lot.  Why don't you take an earlier bus if you're concerned about being late?  Common sense folks....common sense.

coleysmama
by Lisa on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM
I grew up in NYC, so I know how to deal with public transportation. Since I had that knowledge, I knew part of public transport was dealing with tourists and newcomers every single day. Because of that I knew to leave extra time to deal with these situations and still be on time.
Maybe you should invest in a vehicle if it's so upsetting.

Quoting bressmommy2012:

Whatever, I'm mad because the bus was running late and two people had to argue with the bus driver to hold it up even more.

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Wow... if this upsets you, then you have a long rough road ahead of you in life. 

Things happen..you need to learn to go with the flow. If you don't ask questions, you don't learn. If you stop learning, what do you have? A very empty life. 

It sounds like you need to grow up a little bit and realize that life does not revolve around you and that understanding and patience go a long way when dealing with others. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

CJsMommy622
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 8:31 PM
So glad I don't have to deal with public transportation and have a car to take me places. Thankfully I've never ridden a bus other than yellow school buses and Peter pans for field trips lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I'm sure your first time riding the bus you weren't an expert-rider either.

I never used a bus until living here.  The first few times were a bit confusing (and not just because of the language-issues).  I was thankful for drivers who could answer a simple question.  And now that I have been riding for a while and know the routine well...I have ZERO problem with other people needing to ask a question of the driver or trying to figure things out.

danijean
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM
You should hold an online class or something so everyone knows how to ride.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bressmommy2012
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM

The buses run every 40 minutes, if I was to take an earlier bus then I'd be stuck waiting wherever for 40 minutes. People have doctor's appointments to go to and need to go to work but if your holding the bus up then you're going to be late for these things.

Like I said, look at their schedule and tell me exactly how hard it is to ride a bus in Saginaw, Michigan.

www.saginaw-stars.com is their website. They have route information on there so it's not hard to figure out when the bus comes.

Like this route here, the route we were on.

http://www.saginaw-stars.com/route1.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN