Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Taxi rides and kids...

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

My friend is taking a trip with her 1 year old for a wedding and will fly and will use a taxi or shuttle to get around for her trip. She does not want to bring the carseat, but does not know what to do about riding in a shuttle bus (provided by the wedding hotel) or taxi (to get to hotel from the airport) when she gets there. Aside from having to rent a car, what are the rules for riding in taxis and busses with kids who need carseats? Are there Taxi services with carseats?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
EmilyBrooke915
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to bring your own car seat. They do not provide them

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Taxis and shuttles are usually carseat exempt...
ccmvm
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM

ok i told her both those, that i dont think ive heard of a taxi service with carseats in them and that as far as i knew shuttle/busses seemed to be exempt and you just hold infant in lap. I was not so sure about taxis (never lived in a place that had them so i dont know anything about them really!) so thats why i came to ask here for her (she's always like what do the forums say!)

3kidz123
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I've done taxis before and ALWAYS brought a carseat....not sure on the laws but I don't see why it would be ok not to use one in a taxi.

ShadowLark
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM

She should get a Ride Safer Travel Vest if she doesn't want to lug around a seat.  Although a baby that age REALLY needs a rf car seat.

But yes, taxis are exempt from car seat laws.  Just remember, they are NOT exempt from the laws of physics.  If that baby goes flying in a fender bender, that baby is still dead.

Ask her if she wants to trust a stranger with her baby's life?  Seriously, a Scenera costs $40 and it's light and easy to carry.  WAY better than losing the baby.  And if she wants to use a stroller, she could even just use an infant seat.  That would be easier than the Scenera!

krista778
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Here the shuttle is car seat exempt but the taxis will refuse service if you don't have one

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)