Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

issues

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:29 AM
  • 10 Replies
I've been feeling a little distant from my husband and we argue a lot when we are together, what worries me is tha I sometimes feel more comfortable when his nit around...the thing is that he is always tired and always wants to sleep and hardly spends time with his daughters or me, & the little time we spend together we argue. What should I do?
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this

How much is he working a week, how much are you working a week? Is everyones diet healthy and getting enough sleep for the average person?  Stress levels can affect everyone as well.  There are days i wonder how i would do constantly alone and then i think about how dd would miss her daddy and the times they have.

would try date nights with him where each month one of you picks out an activity outside of the home to do for adult time.  It can be a coffeehouse, a bar, mini golf, you get the idea.  Heck even a walk around block is better than nothing.  It sounds like you have lost the connection that drew you to each other along the way.

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Plan a date night for just the two of you and talk things over. Is there a reason why he is always tired? Could he be depressed? Not getting enough vitamin d?

Reina13
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

These are all great things to think about.

What types of things do you argue about? Are they major issues in your relationships or just little nitpicky things?

Maybe just taking a quiet walk together and talking will help.

Good luck

Quoting frndlyfn:

How much is he working a week, how much are you working a week? Is everyones diet healthy and getting enough sleep for the average person?  Stress levels can affect everyone as well.  There are days i wonder how i would do constantly alone and then i think about how dd would miss her daddy and the times they have.

would try date nights with him where each month one of you picks out an activity outside of the home to do for adult time.  It can be a coffeehouse, a bar, mini golf, you get the idea.  Heck even a walk around block is better than nothing.  It sounds like you have lost the connection that drew you to each other along the way.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:34 AM

If its money sit down and plan a budget to keep. If he is working too many hours talk to him about it. Let him know how you feel. But be prepared to listen to him too. Honesty is best! Good Luck!

oscarsmom70
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Have you talked to him about how you feel?  I know sometimes it can be challenging to carve out the time to have a one-on-one conversation without interruptions from the little ones, but maybe some time with just the two of you so you can talk - and listen - to each other and share what is going on would help?

Praying for you!

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM

It sounds like you guys need some alone time like a date night! 

Pnukey
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Has he gotten a check up at the doctor lately? DH was like that, overly tired all the time. He finally went and has a few medical problems. Since he's been on his meds, he's so much better!

Lovemyshadows
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Talk to him, it's one of those down times, then you two will fall in love all over again.  This has happened in my marriage at times.  Usually a little time together is all it takes.  Do you have anyone who can keep the kids for awhile and make dinner for 2.  Candles, dim the lights, let the dishes go. The whole package?

emmanellicamila
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Tha.ks.everyone well my husband works from 8am-7 pm Monday-Saturday, he is overweigh and I try to help him to eat healthy and talk to him about how.we need to have a healthier life style, since I am diabetic everything is healthy foods but he always finds ways it's like he.doesn't want to.try...he's pushing our girls and I aside because all he wants do is b on his own world, sleeping or doing other stuff except spending time wigh us, even my girls say that he acts like grumpy old man when he Is just 38 but acts like he is 60, I worry because he has pushed me aside enough that now I'm in a situation where I feel like maybe I should be on my own, we hardly even have sex maybe once or once every three months because he is too tired...I don't believe he is being unfaithful my trust in him is very high and I still love him and I don't want to lose that love that I have for him.
emmanellicamila
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:30 PM
 my husband works from 8am-7 pm Monday-Saturday, he is overweigh and I try to help him to eat healthy and talk to him about how.we need to have a healthier life style, since I am diabetic everything is healthy foods but he always finds ways it's like he.doesn't want to.try...he's pushing our girls and I aside because all he wants do is b on his own world, sleeping or doing other stuff except spending time wigh us, even my girls say that he acts like grumpy old man when he Is just 38 but acts like he is 60, I worry because he has pushed me aside enough that now I'm in a situation where I feel like maybe I should be on my own, we hardly even have sex maybe once or once every three months because he is too tired...I don't believe he is being unfaithful my trust in him is very high and I still love him and I don't want to lose that love that I have for him.

Quoting Reina13:

These are all great things to think about.

What types of things do you argue about? Are they major issues in your relationships or just little nitpicky things?

Maybe just taking a quiet walk together and talking will help.

Good luck

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)