Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

creative advice *urgent*

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 15 Replies

My son's best friend is moving 2 hours away to live with his dad. The boys are so close and 2 hours away does not seem far but they are used to seeing each other every day between church school and cub scouts and hanging out outside of all that. He is leaving in a few days and we just found out. Tomorrow is his birthday party and I plan to give him stamped addressed, envelopes to he can write and send pictures. I also want to put a picture of the two of them in a frame or something. Does anybody have any cute creative ideas that I can throw together tonight for cheap and fast. Im adding a picture of the two of them. It breaks my heart that he is leaving. They are 7 and will be going into 2nd grade and have been together since pre-school. 

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JollyMommy84
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww that is so sad :-(....

I am not really creative but I am sure someone will have an idea

BUMP

JollyMommy84
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:00 PM

BUMP!

Treymama
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Thank you for the bump. It is sad. I cried when his grandma called and told me and then I had to wait to tell my son and then cried again telling him. 

aimlee
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Bump! I dont have any ideas hopefully someone else does!

terpmama
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:07 PM
What about a prepaid phone card or skips type thing so they can still talk and see eachother... Is it just for the summer or school too? Is dad open to continuing the relationship?
Treymama
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Quoting terpmama:

What about a prepaid phone card or skips type thing so they can still talk and see eachother... Is it just for the summer or school too? Is dad open to continuing the relationship?
what is skips? I have never actually talked to his dad as he has been living with his grandparents here. Its a permanent move. So it will be during school too.
terpmama
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Ahhh! Autocorrect! Skype/FaceTime
jconney80
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Aww how sad!!! Go on Pintrest and look up ideas for picture frames! I hope they get to stay in touch

T-Rentsmommy06
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:38 PM
You could always have your son make frames. Popscicle sticks (fat ones are better). Or even have him decorate a frame you no longer need/use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajean1
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I would try to get a hold of his dad. See if you could set up Skype calls and visits. I also agree you should have your son help decorate the frame or even a memory box.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)