Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mobile Photo

Is this a bed bug or tick?!?! Either way I am pretty freaked out. We went hiking in the woods last Sunday with the dogs. When we left, we noticed that the 2 dogs had literally about 20 ticks each, I had a few on me, my three year old also had one on him. I of course got all the ticks off of everyone including dogs. I called the vet to see if I could get anything else for tick prevention. They are on the pill for fleas. Well yesterday I found another 6 ticks on my one dog and again another 2 today. I just found this crawling on me sitting on my recliner (and yes dogs do get on the furniture
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
MommyBee12808
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Tick
megan71108
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Tick
armywifey1983
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Ugh. Tick!
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Tick.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Btw, I only know because that looks exactly like the picture at the pediatrician's office. I've never seen one in real life.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Tick.
NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I live right next to a state forest in Minnesota and the park ragers told me its from all the snow and rain.

Quoting CarriedAway77:

Definitely a tick, OP. 

Why is that? Do you know? I'm in the suburbs of Detroit, so obviously not country or wooded at all. I've been here my entire life and never encountered a tick. But this summer, I've already encountered several and my 4 yr. old was even bitten by one. It was embedded into him, so it's been a nightmare, but I'm just wondering what's going on? Why are they so prevalent all of a sudden? 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I heard it will be a bad year for ticks. I've already found a few myself.

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Tick. They are terrible this year. Me and dd came home from the park with one each. In the 8 years I gave lived in this house and gone to that park I have never seen one. Now two in one day. I've had lots of FB friends post about them too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarriedAway77
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Crazy. I've never seen ONE in my whole 30 years, and several already this summer. 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I live right next to a state forest in Minnesota and the park ragers told me its from all the snow and rain.

Quoting CarriedAway77:

Definitely a tick, OP. 

Why is that? Do you know? I'm in the suburbs of Detroit, so obviously not country or wooded at all. I've been here my entire life and never encountered a tick. But this summer, I've already encountered several and my 4 yr. old was even bitten by one. It was embedded into him, so it's been a nightmare, but I'm just wondering what's going on? Why are they so prevalent all of a sudden? 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I heard it will be a bad year for ticks. I've already found a few myself.

notuseless
by Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM

tick

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Tick. Where was he?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)