Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mobile Photo

Is this a bed bug or tick?!?! Either way I am pretty freaked out. We went hiking in the woods last Sunday with the dogs. When we left, we noticed that the 2 dogs had literally about 20 ticks each, I had a few on me, my three year old also had one on him. I of course got all the ticks off of everyone including dogs. I called the vet to see if I could get anything else for tick prevention. They are on the pill for fleas. Well yesterday I found another 6 ticks on my one dog and again another 2 today. I just found this crawling on me sitting on my recliner (and yes dogs do get on the furniture
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
harajukumoma
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:42 PM
TICK!! Nasty lil buggers
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Its a tick. We use k9 advantix on our pup. It helps keep fleas and ticks away! If we are so much as 1 day late putting it on her in the summer she brings ticks in!

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Tick!

caseysmommy8911
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Thats a tick

Basherte
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

It's a tick.

Although, I'm kinda confused on how you don't know what it is, when you removed over 20 ticks yesterday.

CafeMom Tickers
da808gypsy
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 6:48 AM
I assume it's a tick or something else, but I know it's not a bed bug. Bed bugs are flat and can be anywhere from a clear color to pink to red to almost black depending on how much blood they sucked from you. And when you squeeze them blood squirts everywhere.

themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Tick...my vet pulled 4 off my dog when we took her in.
Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Quoting Basherte:

It's a tick.

Although, I'm kinda confused on how you don't know what it is, when you removed over 20 ticks yesterday.

It was Sunday and and the ones I pulled off my dogs were covered in vaseoline to suffocate them

bellaa90
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Tick put that thing in alcohol to kill it lol and disinfect wherever I found it and wear gloves!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Tick

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN