Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mobile Photo

Is this a bed bug or tick?!?! Either way I am pretty freaked out. We went hiking in the woods last Sunday with the dogs. When we left, we noticed that the 2 dogs had literally about 20 ticks each, I had a few on me, my three year old also had one on him. I of course got all the ticks off of everyone including dogs. I called the vet to see if I could get anything else for tick prevention. They are on the pill for fleas. Well yesterday I found another 6 ticks on my one dog and again another 2 today. I just found this crawling on me sitting on my recliner (and yes dogs do get on the furniture
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
Basherte
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Okay, so they were shinier. Put them in an ashtray or something you feel comfortable burning, and burn those bitches.

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting Basherte:

It's a tick.

Although, I'm kinda confused on how you don't know what it is, when you removed over 20 ticks yesterday.

It was Sunday and and the ones I pulled off my dogs were covered in vaseoline to suffocate them

CafeMom Tickers
Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Quoting bellaa90:

Tick put that thing in alcohol to kill it lol and disinfect wherever I found it and wear gloves!

I flushed it 

elephantmamaof2
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Tick for sure!!! Get preventic collars for the dogs, they have them at 100petmeds.com BEST tick prevention ever! The drops don't do ANYTHING for my dog, but this collar works wonders! Make sure you watch yourself and your 3 year old for lyme! We live literally IN the woods, in PA, so ticks are a huge problem for us!

Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I swear the crawling live one seemed different lol. I didn't think they could survive without a host. I flushed them btw 

Quoting Basherte:

Okay, so they were shinier. Put them in an ashtray or something you feel comfortable burning, and burn those bitches.

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting Basherte:

It's a tick.

Although, I'm kinda confused on how you don't know what it is, when you removed over 20 ticks yesterday.

It was Sunday and and the ones I pulled off my dogs were covered in vaseoline to suffocate them

momof2girls220
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:57 AM

a big ass tick

momof2girls220
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:58 AM

ticks drink as much blood as they can then fall off the host and crawl away

Quoting Tipsen:

I swear the crawling live one seemed different lol. I didn't think they could survive without a host. I flushed them btw 

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting Basherte:

It's a tick.

ilovemykids732
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 7:58 AM

That's a tick... but I am pretty sure you know that by now :)

michiganmom5150
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Tick. They are horrible this year! Just keep an eye out for the bullseye rash. That's the sign of Lyme disease.
Basherte
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I can imagine. I've had that happen to me as well. Knew what it was but it didn't seem right to be that for some reason. Flushing them works too I guess. They don't die though. I prefer those little buggers to die. I'm a little weird like that. I like to see them burn. I can't stand to see anything else in pain though. I know, like I said, I'm weird.

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting Tipsen:

Quoting Basherte:

It's a tick.

CafeMom Tickers
dsmith909
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 8:24 AM

it's a tick if it was on your dog.

dsmith909

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN