Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

any been to gay pride parade?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:47 AM
  • 8 Replies

Anyone been to Gay Pride Parade i live 30 minutes from Chicago. Im in Indiana and im thinking about going on Sunday. It would be my first time never been before and a few of my friends are wanting to go.

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 3:50 AM

I have never been but the ones i have seen on tv look like fun.  That community is usually so open to anyone who wants to celebrate life.

Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Ive been in one as a teen and been to see a few. Went to one earlier in the year with my kids... was their first one :)

jhslove
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Yes, I've been to a couple. I've always had a great time.

DoubleK9
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM
The Chicago Pride Parade is a huge party with outrageous costumes and floats. Go for the experience and have an open mind. :)
HelenaHanbasket
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:11 AM
This year it's going to be extra special with the overturn of Doma. I'm going and taking my son.
Thunderbug75
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Yes years ago I went to one in Madison WI by accident!  My friends and I were just spending the day shopping and stuff and we had no idea the parade was scheduled.  But we had a geat time anyway!

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I have never attended, I'm not much of a parade person and it's usually too hot for me but my son has attended several times. Many of the members at our temple attend every year and are always willing to allow any of the youth group members to tag along so he went. He always thought it was a blast and enjoyed himself immensely.

Of course it is a big parade and event in a big city so be prepared for crowds and it can get a bit rowdy although not in a really negative way. If you come have fun, there is much to celebrate this year and since the Illinois legislature manage to NOT PASS the same sex marriage act I would imagine that there would be many groups strongly encouraging them to do so...lol!

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Oh heck no would I go to one. There was one some weekends back in Milwaukee.  It was Pride Fest at the Summer Fest grounds. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN