Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I just read something on here about a woman that had a baby at the age of 60. Surprise! It's not menopause! Someone commented, "go you for getting it on at that age" or something to that nature.

Why do people think after a certain age you just stop having sex? We have a hard time imagining being able to do the deed once our bodies, or maybe we just don't want to think of someone that old doing it. I will admit, I even thought that way until recently.

We have all heard stories about that old man at the age of 90 marrying that young woman in her 30's, then becoming a father. So, it's not really unheard of. I would only guess that even though you are old you may be in damn near good shape and little to no serious medical issues going on.

What made me a believer in people going up in their years still being initmate was my boyfriend. We started dating a year ago in July. He was my mom's neighbor for a while and we just started talking and hanging out. I didn't know he was as old as he admitted to being. When we first starting talking, I assumed he was maybe 45 years old. Nope! He will be 60 this August. I don't care what people think. He has been a true blessing in disguise. He has NEVER been married and the thought of marriage scares him. The old man still has it, if you know what I mean, under the sheets at night.

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
alexis_06
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

i love sex, at least i think i do..lol..it's been so long...but i remember loving it..guess i just need to find someone to have it with..anywho...my point is, i dont think i will ever stop loving having sex... :)

terpmama
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
My folks are still active at 61 and 63...
Tatum2U
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM

how old are you?

and honestly I would wonder about a man that age never having been married. 

“you know you’ve created God in your own image when God hates all the same people that you do”

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Why would you wonder about a man never been married at that age? He was engaged twice. He got cold feet with the first, he was 24 then. The next girl tried to kill him. He has been very skeptical since and just has a hard time falling in love. Women have cheated on him so much in the past and did him wrong. He has kids, just never married. I'm 27, by the way. Now let that be a mind blow!

Quoting Tatum2U:

how old are you?

and honestly I would wonder about a man that age never having been married. 

NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Who told you that? Dh and i have more sex in our 40s than we did in our teens. We are also better at it. He didnt give me an orgasm till my mid 20s and now i get 5 or more each time.

Quoting ajdahd13:

I think it's because as you age your sex drive goes down.
ajdahd13
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:02 PM

It's common sense. As you age your hormones change and you have less energy. Just becuase it isn't that way for YOU doesn't mean you're in the majority. 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Who told you that? Dh and i have more sex in our 40s than we did in our teens. We are also better at it. He didnt give me an orgasm till my mid 20s and now i get 5 or more each time.

Quoting ajdahd13:

NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM
My friends are all in their 40s too! We all love sex more. Men know what they are doing now. Studies have shown men in their 40s and 50s are the most confident and competent lovers.
There is no truth to hormones going down. We aren't all dried up and crusty. I'm pregnant with baby #4 and dh is currently on a 13 mile run. 40 isn't rocking chairs and knitting.

Quoting ajdahd13:

It's common sense. As you age your hormones change and you have less energy. Just becuase it isn't that way for YOU doesn't mean you're in the majority. 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting ajdahd13:

Foolynroo2
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I just always assume people who think Older people don't have sex are just young and naive.

abcyrusmom26
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Humans are animals after all. It is in the nature of all animals to have sex and make babies. It doesn't surprise me in the least when old people are active in their sex lives.
housewifehell
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I think its great if a woman can Naturally have a child at 60 but when they do it using IVF to me that seems wrong. If her body is healthy enough at 60 to get pregnant naturally then more power to her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN