Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I just read something on here about a woman that had a baby at the age of 60. Surprise! It's not menopause! Someone commented, "go you for getting it on at that age" or something to that nature.

Why do people think after a certain age you just stop having sex? We have a hard time imagining being able to do the deed once our bodies, or maybe we just don't want to think of someone that old doing it. I will admit, I even thought that way until recently.

We have all heard stories about that old man at the age of 90 marrying that young woman in her 30's, then becoming a father. So, it's not really unheard of. I would only guess that even though you are old you may be in damn near good shape and little to no serious medical issues going on.

What made me a believer in people going up in their years still being initmate was my boyfriend. We started dating a year ago in July. He was my mom's neighbor for a while and we just started talking and hanging out. I didn't know he was as old as he admitted to being. When we first starting talking, I assumed he was maybe 45 years old. Nope! He will be 60 this August. I don't care what people think. He has been a true blessing in disguise. He has NEVER been married and the thought of marriage scares him. The old man still has it, if you know what I mean, under the sheets at night.

by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Replies (21-24):
coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I don't want to think about anyone old getting down, I know I still will be with dh but its us so of course I don't think it's gross.
22donnas
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM

diddo to that.

blue123244
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM

men can have babies till they day they die because they produce new sperm - women only have a limited number of eggs - when you go through menipause you drop eggs anymore - other changes that happen is a drop of sex desire because of hormonal changes, including such niceties as dryness of the vagina where intercourse can become painful (tho yknow you can take pills or what not) men may loose the ability to have erections or also their sex drive get low - but that being said - people do, can and have the desire to sex until they day they day they start to die

blue123244
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM

when I said they drop eggs I meant they DONT' drop eggs anymore

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN